Into Exile

Wake up Don.

Teetering on the edge of consciousness, Don vigorously fought against the tug on his brain slowly forcing him to awaken. And the voice–he especially wanted to ignore the voice. No–no Garth–please–please just leave me alone.

Don–it's time to face the music–just remember you're never alone......

"Don?......Denarian Saal can you hear me?"

This time the voice that did speak up was different. And thankfully did not sound like any of the Guardians that he could remember hearing speak. Last he saw them, he was unceremoniously knocked unconscious. And he knew that if they didn't take care of him before when he was awake–or alive whatever state he may be–they would do so soon. They would certainly take advantage of him being awake to feel whatever it was they would want to do to him in the name of avenging their friend. Perhaps if he had heard them speak, he might have just chosen to remain unconscious. But the voice that was clearly not in his head anymore–and not his brother either–did end up jolting him awake. His eyes were already half-open and staring at the Guardians old ship beneath his folded knees. Wait–how am I kneeling right now?!

"Don? Saal, are you hearing me?"

The familiarity of this voice speaking into his left ear, suddenly had him very much awake. The same time his vision cleared up and the ache in his head became almost nonexistent, was when his blood ran cold. With just one look to his left he could see the hand of just who was holding him up. And it wasn't a Guardian. Suddenly he wished he could somehow knock himself out again.

"Rho–Rhomann?" He licked his lips and grimaced. And not just at the taste of blood in his mouth. The realisation of him being here was topped by the painfully reluctant lift of his head. Upon seeing Rhomann's troubled looking frown, he had to swallow down the blood in his mouth nervously. His thoughts spun around in his brain at the knowledge that if he was here–then the Guardians must have taken off then. Or maybe–just maybe–Rhomann finished them off? Before they could say anything, hopefully? If any of those possibilities are true then–does that mean I'm in the clear? "Uh–I–you–!"

He tried straining and his ribs suddenly pinched in pain. "Easy now–you're pretty banged up." Rhomann clarified with obvious concern, before choosing to step behind him to untie his hands. Thankful for the help, his hands came back in front of him and he rubbed at his sore wrists. Looking away from his raw injuries, he stared up at Rhomann's face in question. Who soon smiled in relief, though still looking somewhat concerned. "Now then–isn't that better?"

Soon registering the other Denarian's face as non-threatening and visibly happy to see him alive, Don tried to relax. Cause if the Guardians had said something–if I was in any trouble–Rhomann wouldn't be smiling at me right now, right? "Yes–yes it is." His voice sounded shaky at first and he first thought to change that. Then thought otherwise, seeing as making himself seem vulnerable right now could easily continue to perpetuate that he was the victim in this assault. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you." He genuinely admitted. But only partly speaking the truth now that things seemed to be in his favour for at least the moment. "I'll admit it–I was in over my head when I tracked those–those SAVAGES DOWN!" He quickly exclaimed openly, sounding relieved and exhausted at the same time. Which he honestly was feeling at this point. That and a whole lot of pain. He shook his head in good exaggerated measure, deciding to play a bit of the self-shame card now. "I just–once I got news from a source that they were here–I just had to leave and–!" His mind scrambled for another excuse that would make him look less foolish. Sorry Nova Prime. "When I heard the death of Nova Prime I–was so distressed–but I knew you would be feeling it worse too. So I came with a team on my own! I mostly did it to honour Irani! I swear! But–I got overpowered!" He let his head fall with further shame then. "I'm sorry–I failed."