𝟬𝟬𝟱. having the worst time of her life!

chapter five
having the worst time of her life!

chapter fivehaving the worst time of her life!

  MELODY'S LIFE WAS GOING GREAT. Currently, she was hiding behind a car to temporarily escape the monsters attacking. She took a moment to catch her breath, gathering her arrows, and eating some ambrosia. The Apollo cabin has been holding the bridge off for as long as they could. There were dracaenae, hellhounds, then to top it off, a Minotaur was leading them. Melody was exhausted and would honestly love to join the pedestrians in their peaceful sleep.

Unfortunately she couldn't, and had to fight a war instead. She had about two minutes to recollect herself before going out again. Melody winced as she quickly bandaged a nasty cut on her thigh. It still stung, but it would have to do for now. Then, she gingerly stood up, taking in the sights around her. Some of her siblings were shooting arrows at the dracaenae, however, only rare times would the arrow hit a place for the snake woman to evaporate.

More monsters came their way. Hellhounds came over. While most of her siblings were able to fight it off, Melody's heart broke seeing one of her little brother get dragged away by one. She looked away, tears springing in her eyes.

Then when she looked up at the sky, she saw a black pegasus carrying three demigods: Percy, Annabeth, and Gabriella. Melody sighed in relief. Ignoring the pain in her leg, Melody ran over to them. They were hiding behind an overturned school bus. Gabriella instantly saw her, wordlessly pulling her into tight hug. Melody practically sunk into her arms. She lifted her head up, and met Percy's concerned gaze.

As they pulled away, Michael ran up to them. He had a bandaged cut on his arm, and he was almost out of arrows. Melody stared at her brother incredulously, wondering how he could possibly keep smiling.

"Glad you could join us," Michael told them. "Where are the other reinforcements?"

"For now, we're it," Percy replied.

"Then we're dead." Michael stated. Melody didn't have enough energy to counter that.

"You still have your flying chariot?" Annabeth asked.

"Nah," Michael shook his head, glancing at Melody. "Left it at camp. I told Clarisse she could have it. Whatever, you know? Not worth fighting about anymore. But she said it was too late. We'd insulted her honor for the last time or some stupid thing."

"Least you tried," Percy offered.

"He also called her song names, when she said she still wouldn't fight." Melody added dryly.

Michael shrugged, then his attention turned his attention to the front. "Here come the uglies!"

He drew an arrow and shot it at the enemy. The arrow sounded like it was screaming as it glew. When it landed, it unleashed a blast like a power chord on an electric guitar magnified through large speakers. Cars near it exploded, while monsters dropped their weapons and covering their ears in pain. Some ran while others disintegrated.