Happy (Late) Birthday Angel

Summary:
This is a real fic, I promise!

Tw: Valentino, implied sexual abuse, abuse, harassment, missing someone, cigarette, depression, mentioning burning for eternity, self hate, lots of negative self talk, angst, lmk if I should add.

Possum:
Idk what this is tbh. I was just writing nonsense on Angel's birthday and this happened.

Note: this takes place after the event of season 1 of hazbin hotel.

~~~~Angel:~~~~

"So...today is your birthday?" a co-worker asked him.

"Yeah," Angel shrugs. "What of it?"

"On April fools day, does that make you a joke?" 

Angel rolls his eyes. "Wow...never heard that one before." Angel says sarcastically. "Did you come up with that one on your own?" He asks.

The guy didn't answer as Angel walked away, he had to get ready, the sooner they get started the sooner he can leave- 

"Hey, Angel. Where's my birthday kiss?" Travis asked him, grabbing his hips from behind him. 

"It's my birthday, Trav." Angel says, pushing him away for a moment before pulling him back closer. "You should be kissing me." ~ Angel says, causing Travis to smirk. 

"Make it quick though, I gotta head to hair and makeup before the shoot." Angel tells him. 

Travis takes his face in his hands and gives Angel the kiss. "See you later, Angie. Happy birthday." ~

Angel's smile never left his face...

But he couldn't help but shiver as he walked away from Travis...

He got to work for the day...it wasn't exactly the worst day of work, but he's as sore as always.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright. That's a wrap. You can all go home!"

Thank fuck!

Upon hearing that, Angel headed back to his dressing room to get back in his regular attire so he could go home. 

He just wanted to go back to the hotel, pass out, and sleep in all day tomorrow.

Once he was dressed and started gathering his stuff, his door opens-

. . .

"Oh...Val- hi." Angel says, sounding neutral on the outside, but his heart pounding on the inside. 

"Angel, you weren't going to leave without opening my gift for you, were you?" Val asks him.

He hands Angel a box, and so Angel takes and opens it...

Inside was a beautiful leather necklace with a beautiful red rose charm at the center. 

"Wow...thanks, Val." Angel says. "It's beautiful." 

"Awe Angel, that's not how we say thank you around here." ~ Valentino says. 

Angel forced a smile. "Silly me...let me show you my appreciation." ~ He says, flirting with Val, just like he knew the moth wanted...

It started with kissing...

But it always did. 

It ended with him trying not to fall asleep next to Val despite being so damn tired...

~~~The Hazbin Hotel: much later~~~

Angel walked into the hotel at about 3:00 am.

Valentino had insisted on going out clubbing for 'His birthday' and didn't let him go home until just now!