How to ambush a dragon at its home

There was no time to waste. Multiple lives were at stake right now, we cannot afford to fail. Not now, not ever.

.

It was a long and hectic journey to Stormterror's Lair or Old Mondsdat. We were ambushed by a bunch of Hillichurls and slimes. But at last, we finally reached the lair. 

It was a jaw-dropping sight to see. I could see the ruins being covered with a barrier made of strong wind, it was filled with plants and different monsters. I could even see some Cyro slimes along the waters flowing around the lair, creating ice bridges for them to move on.

The night sky made the ruins look magnificent and pleasing to the eye. The stars lit up the sky and showed us the pathway to Dvalin.

We had to solve a few puzzles and fight against abyss mages, hillichurls, samachurls, and mitachurls. 

It was quite weird, even Paimon and Jean were surprised that the hillichurls were there.  Jean said in confusion,

"Wait. What's going on? Something's not right. There shouldn't be any hilichurl camps in the vicinity of Stormterror's Lair..."

Venti agreed with her and said,

"Ahh... The hilichurls usually do not venture into areas with high elemental concentrations. It puts a heavy burden on their bodies."

I realized what was happening behind the scenes,

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come. They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans"

Everyone seemed to agree with that conclusion. Phew.

Venti then said,

"Without further ado... I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind."

Venti played a fast and energetic melody and the barrier surrounding the lair dissipated.

Paimon was shocked and exclaimed,

"It actually opened! You're not entirely useless, Tone-Deaf Bard!"

Jean looked quite serious and nervous,

"This is it. We are now entering Stormterror's Lair. Watch yourselves and let's move."

.

As we walked toward the lair, Paimon saw the front gate. It seemed that a question popped up into her head, she asked.

"Looks like this is the front gate to Stormterror's Lair. The gate is enormous compared to us... But still, Paimon wonders how Dvalin gets in there with a body that huge?"

Venti chuckled at her question and said,

"He doesn't walk in. He flies in."

Paimon's expression changed to a look of understanding,

"Ohhh... You do have a point."

.

We reached the entrance and saw a barrier blocking the entrance.

Paimon looked at the entrance and looked at us with a deadpan expression. She said,

"It's stuck."

Venti then said in a voice mocking Paimon,

"It's stuck."

Paimon noticed something about the lair and said,

"Hey, check out that roof. Is there a giant hole in it?"

Venti pondered about something, he had his thinking cap on and suggested a good idea,

"Hmm... I suppose we could make use of that wind current."