Chapter 11

DaphneJoy: Testing new swimwear for you all 

tagged: ByDaphneJoy

2,500,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

I have completely thrown myself into my work since my breakup with Yahya which I thought would have more of negative impact on me but I have surprisingly been ok. The relationship that is affecting me more is the one that I have with my daughter because she is going behind my back, keeping in touch with her father.

"Are you not sad about your break up with Yahya?" Milan asks me as I walk around our backyard in a bikini sample and I give her a look. "Besides the one time you cried infront of pa, you are acting as if nothing has happened and you're thirst trapping like crazy on instagram."

"It's not a thirst trap if it's the way I look." I slip my headphone back on my head as I begin to dance around to sound of Bruno Mars' voice. "Girl you're amazing, just the way you are..."

I catch a glimpse of my teenage daughter filming me on her phone so I do a little dance that makes her laugh before I grab my ice tea from the table. I have lately been thinking about starting fresh and doing something that I have not thought much about such as buying a new home.

"How would you feel about us moving?" I ask Milan as she lays down on the lounge chair while I continue to move about to Bruno Mars. "Somewhere new and fresh."

"What's wrong with this place?" Milan questions while looking around. "I love this place."

"I love this place too but home for us has always been about you and me, not the place we were staying in." I rub my lips together. "You know that I was content with making this our forever home but now I want new everything. I want us to start a fresh chapter in our lives and be more honest with eachother."

"What's that supposed mean?"

I slip my headphones off my head, letting them hang around my neck as I stare my daughter down.

"How's Nathanial doing?"

Milan's jaw drops, "What?"

"You clearly have no respect towards me since you are still keeping in touch with him so I am going to let you continue with whatever you have going on with him." I fake a smile before downing my drink. "If you want to have a relationship with my ex boyfriend then be my guest but don't you come running to me when he breaks your heart."