Chapter 9

DaphneJoy: Look of the day

Filmed a reel on how I get ready for work and my favorite spots to order lunch from.

2,000,000 likes ~ 8,000 comments

---

Meeting Nathanial alone was something that I never planned to do but it has gotten to the point where I need to teach him a thing or two about boundaries. My concerns about his relationship with my daughter only grew when he created an instagram account to stay up dated with her life and now they both follow eachother.

I confiscated her phone after she broke curfew and I went through it to see that they are texting every single day. She refers to him as her dad which pains me because he has barely known her a month and she's infatuated with him.

"Hey Daphne." I look up to see Nathanial walking into my office with a cupcake and bag in hand. "I got you an early birthday gift."

The gesture makes me want to smile but I'm still pissed off with him.

"Happy early Birthday." He sets the cupcake down infront of me along with the bag. "Hope you like the gift."

"Thanks." I move them both to the side and the smile on his face falters. "Take a seat."

"Ok." He plops down in the seat opposite mine as I look at him through narrowed eyes which prompts him to hold up his hands in surrender. "What did I do this time?"

"This is not a joke." I tell him as he pulls a face. "Whatever you have going on with Milan needs to stop."

All hints of playfulness quickly disappear from his face.

"When we were sixteen years old, you agreed to sign away your parental rights." I remind him as I hold up the original document and I set it down on the middle of the desk. "Milan is not eighteen yet so legally you have no rights to her so any plans of having her visit Texas is off the table. You are not to contact her anymore without my presence or permission."

"You're kidding, right?" Nathanial clenches his jaw while leaning forward. "You don't get to tell me that I can't speak to my ki-"

"SHE'S NOT YOUR KID!" I yell at him and my office door quickly shuts. I mentally praise my assistant for knowing that I don't want any of this information getting out to the media or public.

 I mentally praise my assistant for knowing that I don't want any of this information getting out to the media or public