Millie's Brother

Austin never felt like he quite fit into his big family. He always felt kind of ignored, despite being one of the younger ones. He dreamed of moving to the city, and today was the day.

His older sister has been living there for a while now with her husband, and Austin's had made the decision (without her knowledge) to move in with her! It's not like his parents would even notice he was gone with a million other kids to deal with. He packed his bags and snuck out to catch an elevator to the pride ring.

As he crept across the farm he heard a twig snap behind him and whipped around. It was just a chicken. He sighed and kept walking until he heard a voice.

"Where do you think you're off to?" His sister, Sally May said.

"I ummmm forgot something! Bye!" He ran away but Sally grabbed his shoulder. She was much stronger than he was and spun him around.

"Austin. You're a terrible liar. Where are you goin'?" Sally demanded to know.

"Fine you caught me. I'm goin' to ummm, a party!" Austin lied. Sally raised her eyebrow.

"And you need that bag for this party?" Sally said looking at his bag. Austin smiled nervously.

"Yes! I'm sleepin' over!" Sally was probably the chillest of his siblings, but he still couldn't let her know. She would never let him go.

"Ok. Be safe." Sally sighed.

"Will do! G'night sis!" Austin turned around and ran off, leaving Sally sadly watching him go.

He finally made it to the station, pulled out his pocket money he made by helping on the neighbor's farm and bought one ticket to pride. Imp City. As he got on the elevator he started to have doubts. What if Millie sent him back down? But Millie felt out of place at the farm too, she would understand. Right?