twelve

While trying to make eggs with toast for me and Alex I just couldn't focus

and Alex I just couldn't focus.

I was worried about her, the way I found her. So vulnerable.

'Was it because of something I did?' I asked myself.

I looked over my shoulder for the third time this minute. She was still curled up onto the couch with Blair in her arms.

When I'd finished making Alex's egg, I put the pieces of bread in my automatic toaster and walked over to the couch.

"Hey." I smiled, sitting in front of her. The heels of her feet touched my upper legs. She looked up, her eyes were still puffy from crying. Without speaking to me she sat up, after carefully placing Blair next to her, then letting her head fall onto my shoulder.

I played with her hair, when I stopped and wrapped my arms around her she broke. "There's something wrong with me, isn't there?" She asked, "Oh, Alex."

"Sweetheart there is nothing wrong with you," I stated, gently lifting her chin to look me in the eye. "you are the most precious, beautiful, kind and understanding person I have ever met in my entire existence, and it kills me that you think of yourself this way baby."

A small smug smile formed on her lips, "You called me baby." She teased. "Don't change the subject, Alex."

"So—mhh." She groaned in annoyance. "I apologise." She shot me a challenging look. "That one wasn't banned..."

"I'll let it slide, for once. Just because I like you."

The smile that appeared on her face, oh my...

"You look so beautiful." The words just escaped my mouth, the very true words mind I say. She bit the inside of her cheek. "You're making this hard for me now."

I rested my forehead to hers, letting out a sigh.

"I know."

"I hate this, who gives a shit about four fucking days." Alex cursed, I thought about it. She had a point, but a single kiss could lead to me needing to think of a whole new birthday present.

"Just a single kiss, I'm touch starved Dani." She looked at me with puppy eyes, pouting her lips. I groaned. "No."

The smell of burnt toast invaded my nostrils, so much for an automatic toaster.

"Fucking hell." I cursed through my teeth, "Hey! Language." Alex laughed. While walking to the kitchen Alex followed me, and behind her did Blair.

I tossed the burnt pieces of toast into the garbage bin. Looking over to electric clock on the counter the time read 07:01

"We have like half an hour to get to school, the ride to yours is like ten minutes, and from your house to school its five. And I'm technically late right now because I usually start drinking coffee with the staff at seven, but that doesn't matter I have excuses up my sleeve. So are you ready to go?"