thirteen

After the thing with my mother I pulled Dani out of the house as fast as I could

of the house as fast as I could.

She continued laughing when she got behind the wheel. "I could for real kill your mother, her voice is super anoying, she's judgy as fuck and I swear there is something deeply wrong with that woman's face."

"Lets just say I look like my dad." I laughed.

A questioning look appeared on Dani's face. "Yes I do have a dad." I joked. "Haven't heard from him in a few months, he was with us until I was about sixteen, went to live with his new wife after Nico's 19th." I explained.

"We still see him though, sometimes comes to birthdays and sends letters and pictures of his other kids, Sasha and Malakai, we've met them once, they're nice." The smile on my face looked somber, Dani knew I didn't like talking about my family, she didn't pressure me to do so, thats what I liked about her.

She didn't reply, she just took my hand which she brought up to her lips, placing a kiss on the top of it.

"You're a strong one you know that right?"
"I wouldn't say that—."
"You are."

"Dani?" I asked. "Yeah, sweetheart?" She replied. "Thank you for being there for me."

"Wouldn't have wanted it any other way, my love."

I suddenly felt warmth building up on my face, I was blushing. Dani noticed and chuckled to herself.

"Lets get us to school."

❤︎︎
"Alex!" The hands of Rachel and Benji waved to us, they walked to us. "Hey, Hi." Rachel greeted us.

"I'm going to go to my classroom, call me if anythings wrong." Dani patted my shoulder before walking off.

"What was that?" Benji said, his face shocked. I chuckled. "Uhm..." I started. "You slept with her." Rachel cut me off.

"What? No!"

"Yes you did." Rachel stated. "No, I didn't," I replied. "Well, not like that."

"But you wanted to." Benji wiggled his eyebrows "You totally wanted to." Rachel added.

"No!" I replied. "Well.. maybe..."

"That's a yes." Rachel said. I rolled my eyes and sighed in defeat. "Lets just get to class."

"No we will not." Benji said. "You almost fucked Jensen, that's something we need to talk about."

"We didn't almost fuck, goddamnit." I groaned. "I had a nightmare, so I went to her and she let me fall asleep  in her arms." The last part came out muffled.