Chapter 8.

Ed took out the cross around his neck; as Lilian rushed out of the house to get her dad's Bible, upstairs, she saw Drew looking around for April

Drew sees Lilian and quickly goes to her and hugs her. "Are you okay?" he asks, looking her up and down to make sure she's OK. "I'm fine, just a wound on my arm. I have to hurry and get the Bible." Lilian says in a hurry.
Drew gave her a quick kiss and continued looking for April.

Lilian got back into the cellar and handed the Bible and holy water to Ed, he opened the book and found the right page.

"In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." He started reading from the Bible. "Vade retra, Satan. Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio." Ed threw some holy water at Carolyn making her scream and the whole room started to shake.

As Christine waited in the car suddenly she saw a bird fly towards the car window and smashed it.

Inside the house, Drew who was still looking for Aria suddenly heard a noise and something thudding against the house. He looked outside and saw a bird fly by, then he saw another bird smashing through the window. Outside the house was surrounded by birds, one of them smashed into the cellar window. Ed tried to continue reading from the Bible when he saw Carolyn moving the chair.

"Hold her still! Hold her still! Come here! Hold her still!" He instructed Lorraine, Lilian and Roger.

"April!" Drew walked into kitchen and looked under the kitchen sink then heard a child crying.

"April! April, you under there?" He banged on the kitchen floor.

Ed kept reading in Latin from the Bible.

"Carolyn! Don't give in! Don't let her take you!" Lorraine told her.

"Ed, you gotta stop. You're killing her." Roger said.

"No, he can't!" Lorraine told him.

"Roger, help me!" Carolyn cried and suddenly she vomited and blood explodes onto the sheet across her head, Roger hurried towards Ed.

"Ed, Goddammit! Stop it!" He snapped. Lorraine left Carolyn to stop him.

"Understand this, we are now fighting for her soul!" She said looking at Carolyn as she continued to struggle in the chair.

"In the name of Jesus Christ, the saints and all the angles, I command you to reveal yourself!"

Suddenly the sheet across Carolyn’s face rips revealing Bathsheba's face.

In the kitchen, Drew smashed through the floor to look for April.

Back in the cellar as Bathsheba revealed herself the whole room starts shaking, then Carolyn’s face reappears.

"Roger, help me!" She screamed.

"Ah omni visibili et invisibili et ubique in hoc saeculo liberetur..." Ed paused for a moment when the room stopped shaking and Carolyn stopped struggling. The chair with her in it rose up, everyone looked at her in shock, Ed then continued reading the Bible.