All I know so far

After a day or two of good byes and tears I was on my way...

My Dad called  me up between the days I was gone and  Every week every day...

Now a days I wouldn't return his voice mails..

I remembered I didn't face it because I knew it'd be too painful...

I didn't face his answers of why this was a bad idea or how it wouldn't work out and what not...

I got into his truck with my suitcase and backpack full of journal's that I couldn't show him, Yoshimi.... not yet or if it even was mine to share... well of course it was my story I honestly wished we'd be togother one day and he'd just read it in secret...

"Hey.... Dad"

His voice was soft and like the creaks of our homes floors when you took steps that were like golden flowers popping through the ground...

"Hey, Charlie..."

"You don't need to call me that..."

I looked over at him with a smile I was sure showed the crinkles under my eyes...

"You have your mother's smile"

"Well, That's one good thing"

"Wasn't Charlie your Favorite?"

"And Husker yours"

"Yep"

"What about your Friend"

That's all Dad called him and soon enough we were breaking ice...

Angel dust, Allister, Lucifer...

"Hmm, he's got strange taste"

"I remember when you took me to the con for the show"

"You looked at everyone like you were crazy"

I felt tears come from my eyes as I broke into nervous yet pained joyful laughter...

"That part makes sense"

"Yeah, bet it did"

"Still drinking that beer"

"No, it's root beer"

Learned something didn't you...

I grabbed a small flask of what he called root beer... he was reusing the glass flasks they sold... at the drug store.

He gently took the flask from my hand "not that one..."

He gave that smile he did...

"So" I smile with a little laugh

I shrugged "how do you tell the diffrence?"

Smell... "That's umm interesting..

After he put the flask back down he brought out the other flask and let me Smell it...

It smelled sweet sugary root beer...

Yep he put a thumb up akwardly with a smile...

"So, what Made you wanna come and get me"

'It was like nothing had displaced at all it was like everyone was jumping forward right away but I wished I felt there Was something I could have learned from the past then just to cope I dug my heels and after he woke up it was like all the drive I had before went out the door and then I found myself let out all the feelings I'd be holding and I couldn't just put that on him...

"Your, my Charlie..."

"Okay... Luci" I grinned

"That's Dad but a cute nickname"