6 - Darkness Stirs

Previously...

"May I call upon our winners on stage to receive their prizes! Here's Leon and Nita. Edgar? Where are you?"

---------------------------------------------------

Nita was extremely tired from the battle, and so was Leon. Leon helped Nita onto the stage, still thinking about what he has screamed in the middle of the last battle. He did what he needed to save Nita, but the "I love you" part? Cringe as hell. Perhaps Nita doesn't think that way, he thinks, looking at a blushing Nita who was clearly deliberately avoiding direct eye contact. 

Still excited from the win however, Nita leaped onto the stage with Leon's help while staring at Leon's chest to avoid eye contact. She was still trying to recover from the shock that she experienced in the match, but she was too shy to break the silence and start a conversation. So was Leon. 

Edgar however, was nowhere to be found. Until there was a major commotion in the crowd. 

Leon's POV:

I looked towards the direction of the crowd, and see there's a minor brawl going on. I quickly rushed off-stage and ran towards the place. Edgar was cornered against a wall, with Crow, Bull and Mortis surrounded him. Edgar was bleeding in his nose, looking miserable and alone, but he maintained a stern face and posed a fighting position, claiming "I can do this all day". Punches after punches landed on Edgar. Being outnumbered, there was little he could do to defend himself. He fell to the ground, and the bullies allowed him to climb up and recover, before trying to knock him out again with punches and kicks. I watched with disgust and fires of anger boiled inside me. But I alone was no match against all three of them. So I wanted to distract them and buy time for the cops to arrive.

No One's POV:

"Oh look," Leon shouted, "a bunch of sore losers trying to bully a winner as if he doesn't just win over your precious trophies. Give up kids, you already lost."

The trio stopped their assault almost instantly, and turned towards the source of the sound. 

"Oh you think you are cool huh?" Crow retorted, "Instead of crying over a little kid, why didn't you stand up and fight for your own parents huh? OMG! They're-- ARGH"

Leon didn't wait until he finished the sentence and fired a quick punch on his face. Crow managed to maintain balance and regained posture. The both of them death glared each other for some moment, until Crow shouted "Get Him", and Leon was hit in the head from the back, without knowing he was surrounded. He scrambled to the ground, struggled to stand up, and the last thing he saw was Crow's laughter. 

The crowd gasped and died out. Minutes later cops arrived as Stu and Colonel Ruffs came and separated the trio from Edgar. Crow and his crew fled the scene shortly after, stating "I will be back. Starr Park will be mine!" before disappearing into the sky, leaving the crowd shocked. Stu and Colonel Ruffs comforted the crowd, stating how Starr Park will be safe under their guard. Poco and Pam rushed to heal Leon and Edgar, with Byron and Barley offering their healing potions. 

"Let's not let the situation disturb you in any way!" Game commentator reassured, "It is a wonderful day with our new winners and-"

He was interrupted by the cops as Colonel Ruffs took over the microphone. 
"We are aware that there is an emergency situation that had happened minutes ago. Leon and Edgar, two of our winners are currently unavailable in getting their rewards, and so I will give all their rewards to Nita. As of the two injured brawlers, I am sure they will be healed shortly with two of our best healers of the city." Colonel Ruffs addressed. "We strive to continue to bring peace and cooperation amongst Starr Park and the Brawl School, and we do not tolerate any kind of bullying or fighting outside of Brawling Matches. Mr. P, your school principal has something to say."