8 - Suffering Night

He nodded and we went to our rooms. The truth is, I have absolutely no idea where we should go.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Edgar's POV

That was an extremely devastating event. Crow have bullied me so many times at school due to that Starr Park incident (A/N: refer to Chapter 6 Colette's convo with Nita if you forgot), but I would never think one day he would threaten us to leave our house. What should we do? My mind raced very fast due to how worried and stressed I feel. 

My scarf seemed to notice this and lightly scratched my neck to comfort me. What if I told you, the tingling sensation from that is the only way to ever make my giggle? Oh, Colette's so gonna disagree with this as she claims she 'caught' me giggling at her when she was being so hyped about Spike visiting the gift shop. Gosh girl, I would never. You're like extremely loud and annoying, if I had to be honest. Speaking of her, let me try texting her on IG. I was definitely out of my mind to try to get a response.

E: Col u awake?
[Last online 1:27am]

Obviously, she wasn't online. So I went to scroll some Instagram Reels, hoping to tire out my eyes so I can fall asleep. This is when I see a response from her.

C: yup, why?

E: Wow ur still awake
     Sth very srs just happened...

C: omg what happened?

E: Our house got invaded by Crow...

C: WAIT WHAT SERIOUSLY?

E: yes.

C: OMG ARE YOU HURT? ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT DID THEY DO?

E: Chill Col I'm fine. Dad got wounded in the ribs but he is pretty much healed now.

C: DID THEY HURT YOU??? ARE YOU SAFE NOW?? DID THEY BREAK OR STEAL ANYTHING?

E: I'm safe! They didn't hurt me. But the bastards want to steal our house properties. They told Dad to give up the house and his snakes...... we have to leave today.

C: WHAT WHAT WHAT (Like seriously can this girl stop typing in caps it's hurting my eyes 🙄)
     HOW ARE YOU KEEPING SO CALM??? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?? WHERE ARE YOU GONNA LIVE?

E: That's the problem. We don't know. 

C: I don't know...... my house is quite far away from yours. How about we discuss this when we work... WAIT I KNOW

E: ?

C: MAYBE YOU CAN GO LIVE IN NITA AND LEON'S CAVE FOR A WHILE? 

E: uh

C: The forest is quite close to your house, is it? 

E: I... think so? (To be honest I have absolutely no idea)

C: That's it! Let me tell Nita about it!

E: uh i...

C: Come on Ed! We can help you in this! Stop dealing with everything by yourself! (I swear this girl is so bossy. But just why... why can't I resist it??)

E: fine. ill tell dad abt it. what abt work?

C: I think you can miss it? Mr. P will be considerate about it, I'm sure! Just tell him!

E: ok... can I ask u sth?

C: hm?

E: why are you awake at 3am?

C: I umm... scrolling reels?

E: 🤔yes ur def scrolling reels when ur literally offline for alr 1.5 hrs

C: ... u stalking me?

E: wth u srs? the online status can be seen there when I text u Col stop lying

C: I...
     fine! I can't sleep.

E: why

C: Thinking of something 👉👈

E: hmm?

C: not telling.

E: seriously?

C: fine. definitely not you.

E: what?

C: I'm worried abt you, especially after what happened two days ago at school.

E: I told you not to worry I'm fine!

C: EDGAR! How many times have I told you you're NOT FINE! A normal person would've been traumatized by it! Share your feelings and don't keep it to yourself! They will explode soon if you keep absorbing negativity!

E: So you're saying I'm not normal? I'm always negative anyways, so don't bother.

C: WHAT? NO! I meant...
     You can only feel better if you poured out the bad feelings and not pretending that you're all strong and alright. (Bro this girl...)

E: But I don't feel bad. And I don't need anyone to share. Col, I honestly think you are worried about me more than myself. You okay?

C: I...
     fine. I'm worried abt you Ed. 🥺

E: It's fine Col. (We-(typed but deleted)) I can manage.

Colette seen the message but didn't respond. I don't know why, maybe she doesn't know how to, or she is just mad at me. I decided that this is a chance to get out of this topic.

E: anyways
     wna play bs?

C: sure.
      I really hope you shared more things to me though.

E: k ill tell u when there are updates.

In game chat:

E: shd we play bb or gg (brawl ball gem grab)?

C: bb, much more fun. plus this map (Center Stage) is good for shelly, I want to push it to 800.

E: alr im playing Colt then.

C: (Love Colette emoji) [Author leak: Colette is thinking Edgar is self-shipping the two of them]

They went on and played a lot of games and also won a lot of games. They played for almost an hour before they got satisfied with all the brawlers they wanted to push. 

E: alr im so tired gtg gn

C: (Cry Colette emoji) Ed please be safe (Cry Colette emoji) Goodnight see you soon!

E: (Normal Edgar emoji)

My eyes were really tired and I slept.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Byron's POV:

Honestly what the fuck. This is outrageous bullying. Where should we even sleep? I feel like thinking for an hour or so without getting any solutions. Fuck this life. I might've been able to stay calm, but only my wife is wise enough to think of solutions to things.

I drank my specially made drink of Snake Wine. Quite concentrated but good for me to fall asleep quickly as it slows down the nervous system. (A/N: Alcohol is a kind of depressant, meaning it slows down body function, mainly nervous system, in case people don't know) Well I am aware that I am literally drink this almost every day now. My health conditions are pretty alarming... last time I checked with the doctors, they have found increase in carcinogen levels but scan results didn't show anything bad. It's still alarming for an old man like me though. 

I went more and more detached from the reality, and my body went numb, and I slept. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

What will happen to them? Are they going to survive this incidenet and find a place to live?
Look forward to the next chapter!
Also this is the first in-depth Edgar Colette chapter. Only God knows how their relationship will turn out...

Once again, thanks for your support!