WW1 (1918)

By the 4th year, Germany was exhausted. Italy had finally warn itself out and Austria and Bulgaria were facing trouble against constant Allied attacks on their southern flank. The Ottoman Empire was crumbling under the relentless pressure from British and Arab forces in the Middle East. Germany's allies were faltering, and the Central Powers were increasingly isolated and on the defensive.

In Germany, the effects of the prolonged war were taking a heavy toll on the civilian population. Food shortages, economic hardships, and social unrest were rampant. The strain on the German economy and infrastructure was becoming unsustainable, leading to widespread discontent and dissatisfaction with the government's handling of the war.

On the military front, German forces were stretched thin as they held off Allied offensive after Allied Offensive. With each wave of Allied troops wiped out, a thousand more came to the slaughter until the Defenders ran out of ammo and had to retreat. Germany knew that if enough Americans arrived, Germany's war was over. So, to exploit the 20 mile gap between it and Paris, Germany called all of it's best, the Sturmpanzerwagen A7Vs, the Stoßtruppen and the remaining reserves for one last offensive push in a desperate attempt to break through the Allied lines and capture Paris.

The German High Command, led by Hindenburg and Ludendorff, devised a bold plan for the offensive, known as the Kaiser Schacht. In the Balkans the Austrian Jagdkommandos and the Bulgarian army would launch one final Push against the Resurgent Serbs, one push to end them for good. Meanwhile, in the West, German forces would concentrate their strength and launch a massive assault on the Allied positions in the 20-mile gap between Germany and Paris. The goal was to achieve a breakthrough and encircle Paris, dealing a decisive blow to the Allied morale and potentially forcing them to seek peace terms.

On the morning of April 15th, 1918, the Kaiser Schacht offensive commenced with a massive artillery bombardment followed by a coordinated infantry assault along the Western Front. German stormtroopers, supported by tanks and air support, surged forward in a relentless advance, aiming to overwhelm the Allied defenses and penetrate deep into enemy territory.

Despite fierce resistance from the Allied forces, the Germans made significant progress in the initial stages of the offensive, capturing key strategic points and pushing the Allies back. The Allied commanders, caught off guard by the ferocity and scale of the German assault, scrambled to reinforce their positions and mount a counteroffensive to halt the enemy advance.

As the battle raged on, both sides suffered heavy casualties in the brutal fighting. The Germans, driven by desperation and determination, pressed forward with their offensive, determined to achieve a breakthrough and capture Paris at all costs. And the Germans made it! They achieved their goals. However, the French Government under Prime Minister Georges Clemenceau refused to surrender. Even when German troops entered the city and threatened their lives, Clemenceau would not back down. Instead, he rallied the French people and urged them to resist the German occupation with all their strength.

Meanwhile, in the Balkans, the Austrian and Bulgarian forces launched their final push against the Serbs. Despite initial gains, they faced fierce resistance from the resurgent Serbian Army, which was bolstered by Allied support. The Serbs, determined to defend their homeland, fought bravely against the Central Powers' onslaught, inflicting heavy casualties and stalling their advance. Soon, the Allied forces would launch the Vardar Offensive and would see the Bulgarians and Austrians break. 

To make matters worse, in July of 1918, Russia, despite a civil war between the Rusviet Government and the Mensheviks, reentered the war on the side of the Allies. The reinvigorated Russian forces, under the leadership of new Commanders like Mikhail Tukhachevsky and Lev Trotsky, alongside old men like Kornilov and Brusilov created the ultimate Russian offensive on the east, the Suvorov Offensive, named for Russia's greatest military commander. The Suvorov Offensive aimed to capitalize on the chaos within the Central Powers and deliver a crushing blow to their already weakened forces on the Eastern Front.