Chapter: 31-40

Chapter 31: My mother's family came to ask for money

Song Yingling was also very happy and gave the wild duck a name.

"Then let's call you Guagua."

Lin Huiru was surprised again: "Where can we keep so many ducks? We have to ask your father to make a fence."

Song Yingling said again: "We have a forest behind the mountain, we can fence it."

"That's fine." Lin Huiru saw the large group of ducks and was so happy that she couldn't close her mouth. She excitedly called Song Jianguo to quickly weave the bamboo strips, and then slapped her thigh, "Oh, I forgot in my happiness that I haven't cooked yet in the afternoon, and I have to work in the afternoon!"

After that, she rushed the ducks into the yard and asked Song Jianguo to fence them first, and then ran to the stove room to cook.

These wild ducks were all ordinary ducks, except for Guagua, who was held by Song Yingling. It seemed that he had been with Song Yingling and had awakened his intelligence. He had changed from the last time he was seen.

Song Yingling held Guagua into the house and found it very novel. She put him in the basin and gave him a bath.

After he was bathed and brought out, she taught him that he was not allowed to poop casually, but to poop in the vegetable garden.

Guagua also understood immediately and quacked intelligently, leading Song Yingling to the vegetable garden to see him poop, and quacked to show off to Song Yingling.

"Puchi..."

Song Yingling was amused by the cute Guagua's behavior.

Guagua has grayish-white feathers and a tuft of indigo hair on its head, which is brighter in color. Wild ducks are prettier than domestic ducks.

Haha...

Don't blame her for being mean, Guagua is really cute.

Song Yingling brought Guagua back to the main courtyard. Song Jianguo came back with some bamboos. Lin Huiru was cooking in the stove room, and smoke rose from the eaves.

Suddenly, Song Yingling heard several sounds coming from the wooden door, getting closer and closer.

A shrill female voice rang out, and she laughed, "What a coincidence today. Third sister's family is still cooking. Mother, go in first and let Third sister know you are here. Cut some meat and cook it."

The aroma of fried leeks and eggs floated out from the eaves, and another male voice said, "Third sister is frying eggs. She is living a good life. She eats fried eggs on weekdays. When she goes back to her mother's house, she never brings back eggs. Haha, it's just that eldest brother doesn't have this blessing and is still lying at home."

The wooden door was pushed open from the outside. Song Yingling was in the yard and saw an old woman who pushed the wooden door open suddenly. There was a man and a woman behind her. They were Song Yingling's grandmother, Old Lady Lin, and her second uncle Lin and his wife.

Old Lady Lin had her hair combed neatly, and she was wearing a neatly-knotted blue uniform-style dress. She looked sharp and looked like someone who was not easy to mess with. Her children were afraid of her.

When Old Lady Lin saw Song Yingling, she was chatting and laughing with her second daughter-in-law, and her eyes suddenly became unhappy. She said in a teaching tone: "Yingling girl, didn't you see your grandmother and uncle and aunt come? I don't know how to bring out a few chairs. How did your parents teach you?"

She also said to Uncle Lin: "I said that this girl was not taught well. If I taught her, I would have to beat her a few times, so that your third sister and her husband would get used to it."