Season 1 Chapter 8: Awakening

It was the next day and there were only 25 minutes left before Team Z's match against the undefeated Team V. Shihai was tying up his dreads as Iemon finishes the new team formation and shows it to everyone.

Iemon: Due to their shooting skills, our front three will be Kunigami, Shihai, and Chigiri

Iemon: Due to their shooting skills, our front three will be Kunigami, Shihai, and Chigiri. The other team's offensive skills are off the chart, so we'll drop back and defend against their attacks. And... We'll aim to score with a quick counterattack. With only ten of us, this is the only practical strategy.

Raichi: Hey, Kuon, stand in your corner and be anonymous for 90 minutes. Don't interfere or try to help us, you piece of trash. Touch the ball in any way, and I'll kill you.

Kuon: No need to tell me twice. I don't want to pick up an injury that might hamper me in the second selection.

Shihai: Not really sure who would want to work with a traitor like you after this.

Kuon: *irritated* What was that?

Shihai: I'm just speaking my mind. No need to get bent out of shape, traitor.

Igarashi: *claps hands* The other team already knows they're through, so their guard should be down. If we take advantage of that we can win! We have a chance!

Naruhaya: Let's do it!

Kunigami: It's now or never.

Chigiri: Let's go.

Shihai: All right, show time.

Isagi: Yeah.

Team Z then walks out from the locker room and were walking down the hallway to head onto the field for their last game. Isagi then stops walking as he takes a breath to calm down when he suddenly feels an arm rest on his shoulder as he looks to his left and sees that it was Bachira.

Bachira: Hey, Isagi. If we lose, does that mean we can't see each other or play soccer together anymore?

Isagi: Bachira...

Bachira: That's way too sad, so I'll give it my all.

Shihai: Gotta say, I feel the same way.

Isagi and Bachira turn to where the voice came from and see that Shihai was walking past them as he continued speaking.

Shihai: I'm actually having fun with you guys. So I guess I need to try a lot harder in this match.

Bachira : For real?

Shihai: *smiles* For real, real.

Isagi: Yeah. Let's win this.

The three continue to wall down the hallway and eventually catch up to their teammates on the pitch where they see that Team V was waiting for them. With only a minute left before the match starts, each team gets into their position as they wait for the clock to reach zero.