Season 1 Chapter 10: The Second Selection

After winning their final game against the previously undefeated Team V, Team Z had deserved to have a night to celebrate. They gathered everyone's side dishes like last time and Naruhaya eats one of the gyoza.

Naruhaya: Yum!

Gagamaru: Hey! You're nibbling at the food again, Naruhaya.

Iemon then walks into the room and sees everyone goofing off when they should have been setting up.

Iemon: Stop messing around and help us get ready for the celebration party!

Chigiri: *mouth full* Yeah, you guys.

Kunigami: You're eating early, too.

Kuon: Can someone grab some drinks from the cafeteria?

Bachira: Okay!

Isagi: Let's go, Bachira.

Shihai: I'll come too.

The three then leave the room and go to the cafeteria to get drinks for the party. They soon get enough drinks and put them on trays.

Bachira: Think this should be enough?

Isagi: It should be plenty. Oh, yeah. Thanks for that last pass, Shihai. I couldn't have done it without you.

Shihai: What are you talking about? I'm not the match's hero, y'know.

Isagi: Huh?

Shihai: You learned something at that moment. When Nagi came at you for the ball to steal it. Am I right?

Isagi: Yeah. I think I finally understand what my weapon is and where my talents lie. Even if I predict a situation using my spatial awareness, the advantage gets canceled out if I control the ball before shooting. So I thought back to my other goals. Then I realized all my goals have been direct shots.

Isagi grips his hand into a fist as his ego starts to grow after finally finding the formula he needed to score goals.

Isagi: I took what I'd been doing by feel and turned it into a formula

Isagi: I took what I'd been doing by feel and turned it into a formula. It feels like my time as Yoichi Isagi the striker begins now.

Bachira and Shihai stare at Isagi without saying a word as he realized he sounded a bit arrogant.

Isagi: Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to sound so full of myself.

Bachira: I like that look on your face. Very egoistic!

Isagi: Egoistic?

Shihai: It's a huge change from the wimp I met when we all got here. Get our blood pumping even more, you egoist.

Isagi: Sure thing. Same to you.

Shihai holds his hand up for a high five and as Isagi was about to high five him, Bachira chops him on the head.