Chapter 01: Pink Bow.

Massaging the dough every morning before opening always calmed me down. Putting up a friendly face until i close up shop always exhausts me but it helps me keep this place afloat. I am 25 already and i hardly have a life outside these sweet scented shelter i call home. I greet new faces and old faces with the biggest smile to keep my sanity from deteriorating.

"Hello Mrs.J! You want the usual?"
"Yes my dear. How is your day going"
"Oh you know, baking, and then some more baking."
"Of course, your witty comments never ceases to amaze me."

Sarcasm has always been a way to cope. Even if the person is genuinely nice i never seem to pick up on that emotion. I just never really understood that. Emotions.

*door bell rings*

"i hope it does not get too busy." i told myself under my breath. As i look over to see who came in i'm only greeted by a pink bow. It is so puffy and so...pink. The person is too short. Who is this girl? I look down over the counter and for the first time i felt that. Emotions. Her piercing blue eyes just saw right through me. Her freckled face detailed every single line on her face when she smiles. Her flowing blonde hair smelled like happiness i have been yearning for a long time. Her small hands tucked behind her back showing how shy she is just took over me. Her mouth is moving but everything is blurred and dimmed for me right now.

"Hello? Mister? Umm Hello?"
"Oh sorry i just have never seen you before. How can i help you?"
"How much are the pink doughnuts sir?"
"Oh those? Well if you can guess what flavour the frosting is made out of I'll give it to you for free!"
"Strawberry!"
"Oh no! How did you know? dang okay let me pack it up for you then"
"Really! Thank you mister!"
"No problem sweetheart, You can call me Felix."
"Oh! I am Ellie!"

She walks off in really small steps while her backpack bounces on her back giggling from how happy she is to get something for free. From me.

"Hello. Ellie."