Chapter 05: My Little Painting

It's been three days since my little Ellie held my hand and assumed I was her father. Lily got so emotional and when she saw that. We put her to bed and Lily told me later that my little Ellie remembers really little about her father, one of the things being his lullabies. She also told me that this is the first time she has ever mentioned her father, which I already feel so proud about. She already knows I will take care of her. She knows i'm the light in a dark alley. Day by day I find out that we are one and the same. Which is why I should have her. Unfortunately, it's been three days since I have seen her. I have gone to my little Ellie's castle a few times at night just to watch her from afar. Ever since she has seen me in such authority I have had the urge to look after her. Standing the dark area of the street may not be the best way but it's the only way I can for now, even though i'm growing impatient. Lily has told me that she wants my little Ellie to have some time with her because she is planning to tell her a little bit more about her actual father. Three days. 72 hours. 4320 minutes. 259200 seconds, and still no answer.

I spent those three days painting away my desires. I paint in my free time because i can do anything when I paint. No one can be in the way. I don't need to consider other people's feelings. It's my feelings in that canvas. I only had really sad colour palettes because I never had any colourful memories. The only thing colourful about my life was the baking and my mom. Coincidentally my mom loved to bake as well. The only time I ever saw her with a smile actually. I really do miss her, but i think she will be happy if she saw me. I finally have another one that puts colour in my life. Now my palettes are her soft skin tones, her pink lips, her blue eyes, her blonde hair, her flushed cheeks when I watched her sleep that night. Her bright red ears, but thats all. I want to know more. I only ever painted her face. I want to draw how her bare body. I want to see her. I need to. I need to prepare.

I head out and go to the drug store. I remember using Ambien to help my mom fall asleep. I need that. I buy a few bottles just in case and go back home. The nice doctor who gave it to mom always told her to never chew these. My mom hated swallowing pills so I learnt that it dissolves way faster in a soda bottle than water. So I always gave her that. I made the drink and I call Lily. I ask her if she could meet me at the bakery. I tried to sound as if I desperately missed her company. Luckily I didn't have to beg since she told me that Ellie is luckily asleep so she will be here in a few minutes. I put the drink in the fridge and just sit and wait. Just sit and wait. Sitting and waiting.

Half an hour later, I get a call from Lily.

"Hey im outside!"
"Be right there."

I get out and let her in through the bakery up the stairs and into my place. I watch her scan the place down as if she is deciding whether having sex with me is worth it depending on how I decorate my home. I can never understand humans. She finally acknowledges my presence and smiled at me awkwardly.

"Nice place, had no clue you lived above the bakery."
"Yeah I like to keep guard of my food in case a sweet-toothed goblin came by."

She laughs in shock and gently puts her hand on my shoulder as she was laughing. She missed me a lot. I laugh with her.

"So umm anyways you want a soda or something? I don't have any alcohol right now."
"Oh-um yes I would like some."
"Please sit, 2 sodas coming right up!"

She chuckled once more before sitting down on the couch. I hurried away to take the soda bottles from the fridge and gave the laced one holding back my excitement. I watch her take a generous sip of the soda and I couldn't help but smile. I'm going to see my little Ellie again. It always took my mom 20 or so minutes before she was fast asleep from the pill. I had to entertain her for that 20 minutes. So I sat down next to her and looked at her.