17 Waters

A few months had already passed since The Prince of Rose's arrival home.

Thank god that he was now relatively in good health with no major damages, but sadly he never gained back his memory. Except a few sparks here and there, mostly from his childhood. And he also remembered some basics, such as how to eat, clean himself, get dressed, read and write, how to ride a horse or shoot an arrow, everything with ZhuoCheng's help. These types of memories, very useful for that matter. But that was all...At least for now, after four months.

Four months ago, Liu HaiKuan sent a message to ZhuoCheng with the same carrier pigeon that there was no need for Rose to send the army, at least not for now. He briefly explained that he found out through spies loyal to him and to the rightful king that Yang Zi had convinced Wen Chao to not overturn Wang Yibo's throne now, but only after she would give birth to their child.

The child would be a boy according to the prediction of a professional fortune teller she knows personally. Thus, in her view, the seizure of the throne will have a greater support from the nobles and even from the commoners people, if Wen Chao, their future king will present himself along with an eligible heir who would be able to ensure the continuation of the royal house and implicitly ensure a golden future for the kingdom of Peony

He also informed ZhuoCheng that for the time being, Wang Yibo still rules the kingdom through exchanges of documents carried by HaiKuan between the king's temporary residence and the main palace.

The message ended with a heartbreaking "I love you and miss you, so much!", that brought tears in his baobao's eyes.

Liu HaiKuan and Wang ZhuoCheng were not the only ones with broken hearts, though.

Wang Yibo was suffering enormously, knowing that Beauty has lost his memory and along with his memory, he obviously also lost his love for him.
Oh, god, he misses him so badly!

But his heart was in pain not only because of love sickness, but also his health was deteriorating day by day, for some incomprehensible reason.

He had no way of knowing that exactly the loss of that love, Beauty's love for him, was actually the real reason standing behind the atrocious head, lungs and heart aches experienced more and more acutely with each conversion.

Also HaiKuan noticed that with each episode of the king's agonizing pain, a new petal of the strange green rose was starting to turn pale and even to slowly wither. He tried to convince the king to let him bury that damn flower or to burn it down, but Wang Yibo told him that he couldn't explain why, but he has this feeling that it would be a big mistake.