Chapter Five: I Woke Up In A Different Body

It's been a month, I know.🥺
It wasn't easy, but I could finally get this update ready. Thank God for that. I hope you like this one!❤️🔥

Nonetheless, Ladies and Gents, I present to you the first POV from our long-awaited protagonist...

~DABI~

Click Here to Kill Everybody.”

It was a book.

As enticing as those huge block letters looked on its header, the world of Cyber Security and Technology was not a topic that I was much interested in. It seldom ever phased me, in all frankness.

So, it was a thing of honest wonder for me why they felt like the best thing they could gift me, in order for me to  "cope" in the claustrophobic four walls of this Hospital Ward was a fucking book.

A book teaching me how to be a Hacker.

A Hacker with an intent to Kill.

"Click Here to Kill Everybody," I repeated, as I looked around the medium sized, squeaky new paperback in my hand, observing how untouched and perfect and unblemished it looked.

It smelt just like it looked: Neat. New. Clean. Perfect.

And, in all honesty...

I hated it.

Yeah, I hated it to bits.

I hated every hue of perfection. Any slightest hint or facade of it. Even though it was something as inanimate as a book.

"Click Here To kill Everybody," I reread the sentence all over, a subtle amusement bubbling in the pit of me and laughter escaping my lips as a damn result.

And, what was funny? I had no idea. 

All I knew was that each inscription on the cover looked more humorous to me the longer my eyes hovered all around it, the more my brain interpreted the words, visions of chaos and catastrophe playing in clear graphics in my head as a hysteric laughter started to bubble from the pit of my gut, as I lay on my bed.

And, God, I laughed.

My sides hurt, but I laughed.

My head hurt, but I still laughed.

My back hurt, but I didn't stop laughing.

My chest hurt, but my laughter hurt more.

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. Laughing so hard until my head felt heavy. Until the room started spinning around me. Until the colors on the text, the cover, the leaves: shades of white, red, yellow, red, brown, RED, started to dance around in my vision in all its variety.

"Click Here... To Kill Everybody," I croaked, my voice in strained whispers after losing my breath. Exhausted from laughing at everything and nothing.

And, with my last breath, I sighed. My head, tilting instinctively to the side, as I found yet a newer observation.

"Huh." I hummed in subtle confusion as I swerved the paperback around my hand, eyes roaming it with precision.