Chapter Seven: Welcome To The Ghetto

Hi there! I'm back again and I hope we all are doing great. And I hope today is treating us right. As promised, here I am!😍❤️

TMBT II is almost at 10k reads and we are just in Chapter Seven. Thank you for everyone who has engaged this book and is reading. God bless you. And you have no idea how much I feel blessed to have you all in my life. Make sure to engage with comments. I love reading you all's comments frankly, it's my favorite part of writing and updating for you all. Thank you! 🔥

I haven't had time to go through comments, so from next chapter, I will start giving shoutouts to our Commenters who I award 'Comment for the chapter'. So, lol, make me laugh if you want a shout-out. 😂 Oya na.  Without much further Ado, let's start the chapter!❤️🔥

~ ACHA ~

It was Resumption Day and there was no other way that Castron High's Sports Committee thought to have me start my morning than sending me a suspension letter.

I could have started the day with anything else, really. A cup of coffee. An early morning jog around the neighborhood. Possibly running some laps in the Chambers public gym. Or maybe, even breaking my fists against my bedroom wall in a fit of rage over something, nothing, or everything.

In an interesting turn of events, I actually chuckled when I saw it. Just a small laugh under my breath, a demeaning scoff, and then, consequently, when the part where I supposed to roll it off my shoulders and move on came, I saw my Samsung Galaxy flying right out of my hands.

And only when the device went crashing onto the speakers of my gaming console with tremendous force did it occur to me that I was the one that flung my phone towards the walls in a crazed temper.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath as I watched my hands, its fingers subtly moving and shaking as the evil spirit of fury that possessed me suddenly disappeared in that moment that I had realized what I did. "Fuck. Not again." It was hard to feel much, but my eyes were roaming that space behind the console where my phone had disappeared into, a part of me certain that the device I had just gotten a few days ago was probably broken in half behind the mess there.

Again.

Again, for God's sake.

My reflexes were becoming more aggressive by the day. Everything my hands touched... They destroyed.

"She's going to kill me." Was all that resounded in my head as I headed for the bathroom, thinking of the multiple variety she would further consider for the color of my coffin.

Mum, I meant.

She was going to kill me, and she would do it without apology.

The woman had spent the rest of the previous night making sure I had everything: a new phone, a nice meal for dinner and even a cute pep talk on how to 'cope' in school with all the rumors that were going about in my name, telling me that Resumption day is not the end of the world and after all, I was sent to school to read my books. Assuring me that 'it wouldn't be that bad'.

Yet, here I was, on the morn of it, being greeted first thing in the morning by an email from Mr. Ado and the rest of the Sports Committee telling me that they cannot have me on the Football team any longer because I am a 'dent' to the good name of Castron High's prestigious Sports team.