𓆩♕𓆪 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 - 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 𓆩♕𓆪

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

"He's staring at nothing again."

Was the words going through the Mind of Princess Vialigh as she looked at her Brother only two years younger than her, she understood that his job was difficult but the last time it made him just stand and stare out the many big windows of the Palace it was to do with death.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - Dear Brother... Are you alright...?

Vialigh approached him with a soft and caring voice, her hands atop each other and resting on her dress as she tried to provide some comfort to him without making any physical contact.

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - I had to shut Parliament up with swords yesterday.

Elias uttered, his eyes still staring off into the distance his hands on his waist, that Moment kept replying in his Mind like a bad nightmare and he knew that nothing good was going to follow.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - But.. Why..? What could've possibly happened to warrant...

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - Our Father refused to pass a proposed Act by Parliament to hinder the Clergy's control.

Elias spoke before Vialigh could fully utter her sentence, his head finally snapping away from the windows and directly at her he knew she was just worried for him but that didn't automatically shut down the obvious worry and anger that he still felt.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - But aren't there meant to be negotia-

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - The King refused to negotiate with me or the representatives from parliament, I tried my best.

Again Elias cut Vialigh off since he just needed to get everything out of his system. Vialigh nodded her head and stood next to Elias looking out the window with him at the sunny and green day they've lived with ever since their birth three decades ago now.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - Elias, no matter what you go through, or what happens, I want you to know you still have us to turn to... and that we love you.

Elias looked at Vialigh and smiled, this was the same thing she always told him when he got into a situation that messed with his head or annoyed him but it was words he never got tired of no matter how many times she repeated them.

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - I know Dear Sister... Thank you.

Elias took Vialigh's hand and placed a loving kiss on her lips with her returning the expression, the two of them hugged before they separated and continued to stand together looking out the window.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - How will you go forward, if I can ask that?

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - Hopefully I can convince the King to consider negotiations, if not then I'll announce that to Parliament and they'll have another meltdown... and you know what happens then.

Vialigh smirked at her brother's comment, no matter what he always found a way to joke about a situation that if not dealt with correctly would have disastrous results, perhaps it was his way of coping with the stress.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓥𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱 - How many more times then can you threaten them with Swords before they bring their own?

𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝕰𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖘 - You're assuming they have more swords than me?

Both of the siblings laughed a bit and continued to talk about the situation as if it was in a Fictional Book and not the unfortunate reality they were living in, perhaps they were the ones in a fictional book? They'll never knew themselves, but for one of the five siblings they were much more busy at the moment.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

The Hurried Boots of Prince Hari could be heard by servants and maids working in the Palace as he quickly tied his stock and tightened his breastplate while he ran to the exit of the Palace, by the time he arrived he was out of breath and was sweating like he ran a marathon, which considering he wore armour... he did.

𝕺𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖎𝖝𝖔𝖘 - Are you alright, Your Highness..?

The Officer looked at Prince Hari who was bent over regaining his breath, as soon stood up straight he and the other Officers present quickly saluted while the Prince put on the face of a General and not a Prince in a rush.

𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖎 - Yes... Yes, I am quite fine I was just in a rush due to... well being caught up with.. my Mother!

The Prince was like his Elder Brother when it came to quick thinking but unlike Elias, Hari's quick thinking was put to work with excuses as in reality he woke up Late due to a night of... well he wasn't able to sleep last night until it was already the morning.

𝕺𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖎𝖝𝖔𝖘 - Her Majesty the Queen..?! Is she going to be present here..?

𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖎 - Oh, no! no! no! She's too busy queening now, she simply stopped me for a chat, and she hasn't seen me for quite a while.

𝕺𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖎𝖝𝖔𝖘 - But... Haven't you been in the Palace attending Court Activities this past week, Your Highness..?

Prince Hari paused for a bit his mouth as he attempted to come up with an excuse to get him out of this awkward situation, after an awkward silence and the Officers exchanging confused looks at each other the Prince quickly stomped his feet making them stand at attention.

𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖎 - Now is not the time for questions! Soldiers! Report to your Men now and order them to rally at my Standards! NOW!

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕺𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖗𝖘 - Y... Yes... Your Highness!

The Officers quickly scrambled to their Horses and rode off to their Men to rally them around the Barracks the Prince had his Banners raised on for the Monthly Inspection, the moment they rode out of sight however Prince Hari breathed a sigh of relief and looked around in awe.

𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖎 - Lord... Why didn't you just make me a Duke...

Hari said looking at the sky and quickly looking back down since the Bright Sky quickly did work onto his Eyes after some stalling due to sudden daydreaming of the Prince he mounted his Horse and rode off to the barracks where his Officers were scrambling to organize their Men in proper lines.

Whilst Hari rides off to be the unprepared General of an Army bestowed upon him by his Father the grounds around the back of the palace find itself the grounds for a battle itself, a battle of hearts.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

Princess Riama walked next to Count Beaurant whom she had befriended at the Court Event two days ago, both of them engaged in lively conversation as they circled one of the many fountains on the Palace grounds.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Were these fountains put here by the King?

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - No... They were originally statues of previous Kings but Mother thought they were an eyesore due to the... poor sculpting abilities of their makers, so she convinced Father to replace them with Fountains!

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - I see... What happened to the original statues then..?

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Well... I think I overheard my Brother Hari commenting about some statues being left somewhere in the Countryside.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Hm, I guess that's one way of disposing of them...

The young duo continued their walk along the palace grounds, their youthful giggles and chatter filling the area with some joy and sweetness the two naturally seemed to radiate just by speaking to each other, the Servants following close behind them unable to hide their smiles as they followed the two.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Count Beaurant... I'm uhm... sorry that I dragged you to the Palace rather than meeting you somewhere closer to your Family's estate heh...

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Oh uhm! Well, that's not something you need to apologize for Your Highness! It's a great honour to be invited to such a Grand Place such as this.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Grand? Hehe, once you live in it you'll realise even such a place has its downsides.

The Count couldn't resist smiling at the Princesses quip, seemed to run in the family to be masters at humour at the most unexpected times and the two continued their walk but this time to the Queen's little garden with flowers from across the continent gathered.

The Garden itself was a beautiful sight as the different colours of flowers were arranged in ways that made them all feel natural next to each other, the smell was a nice side effect of so many different Flowers combined in one place, it wasn't easy to describe but it was a very pleasant smell for the Princess and Count.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Are you sure you don't want your servants to enter, Your Highness?

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Well... I feel that this would be a more enjoyable experience if it was just the two of us, no?

Riama smiled warmly at Beaurant and allowed him to take her hand and lead her into the Garden, the soft chirping of birds and the rays of Sunlight falling upon them made the scene look heavenly and peaceful which for the Princess and Count it was.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Your Highness this garden is... Beautiful...

The Count looked at all the different flowers, his eyes wide in surprise since he had never seen flowers from outside of Hade in his life up to that point, the Princess herself nodded but then her eyes fell upon a very specific flower... It was Light Blue and perfectly matched the Count's eyes and Family sash.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Wait here for a second, Count Beaurant.

The Princess went over to the Light Blue flower and kneeled to have a closer look at them, she had memorized the colour of Beaurants eyes and she was sure that the Flowers matched them so picked up one, going back to the Count with a flower in hand to present it.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Here! It... Matches your eyes... Count Beaurant...

Riama handed the flower over to the Count who was a bit shocked, he inspected the flower and it matched his eye colour perfectly making him smile and even blush a bit under the makeup and artificial blush he wore on his face.

Looking up the Count was speechless and just smiled at Riama trying his best not to giggle from the embarrassment he felt at the moment, so instead he decided to entertain her a bit and stuck the flower in the side of his White Wig.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - What do you think, Your... Riama..?

The Princess stood there and felt her heart skip a beat the moment Beaurant mentioned her by name and not by "Your Highness", she had no idea what to say and her face was conquered by a mad blush and she began to shake from the embarrassment she felt.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - I... I... I think that...

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Your Highness I'm so-

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - I think that it's beautiful on you!

Riama said with an excited smile, though it was shocking when initially referred to by name by someone who wasn't her direct family... It made her feel something she hadn't felt yet. She felt love, not the love of a family, the love which makes one's heart beat faster when around someone who feels the same love for them.

The Count himself was amused and his nervous expression was again replaced by a sweet smile the both of them giggling as they held hands, taking in the silliness of the situation that came and go.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Come on then... Quent, there are more flowers to view!

The Count experienced the same shock as Riama as he was referred to by his actual First Name by her but he quickly regained his consciousness and decided to play along with the literal name-calling.

𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙 - Well... I'll gladly continue following Riama!

The Princess and Count would spend the next few moments in the Garden enjoying the simplicity and unexpected joy that the Garden brought to the two of them for what was just meant to be a meeting between them not as Friends but as Royal and Noble.

However the last Family Member wasn't engaging in lively conversation or attending to Duties the King requested of them, they were instead locked up in their Chambers.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

"What's the point anymore..."

Was the Words Roama kept repeating in her head, despite her Siblings finding happiness in their own lives either with others or by themselves she just didn't seem to be able to muster up the same Joy they did. She wanted to be happy, to smile and laugh but for some reason she was unable to.

Was it something with her? Even she has her own moments of happiness so that can't be she thought, was it because of the people who surrounded her? Sure her family wasn't there to raise her but now that they're present they do their best to express their love...

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓸𝓪𝓶𝓪 - Maybe... This is just how it's meant to be... for someone in the family to take the fall...

Roama said it out loud since nobody could hear her, she even dismissed the Maid who stood at her front door without informing anyone else since she wanted to stay in her room for the entire day, she had no reason to but also no reason to even go outside her room anyways. She walked lazily over to her desk and sat down, opening her drawer to grab her personal journal.

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓸𝓪𝓶𝓪 - This'll be my happiness for the time being... It's the only thing that tolerates my thoughts...

She opened her Journal and flipped to the most recent page she was writing on, taking her Quill dipping the tip in the Inkpot and propping the Journal up at an angle so the Ink properly flowed... last time she forgot that step she had to explain to her entire family why her White Dress had a "stylish" black strip.

"The Fourth of the Fifth Month"

"All my Attempts to find some bits of Joy have only made others around me happy and hurt me in the Process. Riama now has a new 'friend' she has invited to the Palace and all my Elder Siblings are too busy attending to Jobs Father has given them, they have their place in the Kingdom and Riama is soon to be wearing a Wedding Gown but what about I? Nothing, I am nothing, I have no Duties to attend to, no man to hold hands with and spend the rest of my days with. I'm simply a Child who exists and lives but sometimes I don't feel I even practice the latter. I'm not sure if this is my own doing or simply how my Life ended up as, but I just wish it was different. All Different."

The last few bits of Ink dried up and exited the Quill Roama held, it had been a sort of game for her to be able to write something down quickly with just Ink and Quill but now she had nothing to do but to stare at the page and watch the Ink dry slowly and once it did, she laid her head onto the table and shut her eyes.

Maybe it was for the best.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

Written 4/5/2024

Thank you for reading, Dear Reader.

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―