The Maple Tree.

The next morning I woke to birds are singing and the stray cat that lives under our house clawing at our door, he did that now and then. I heard an exited Sky jump out of bed and run to greet our unwelcomed guest. Sky loved animals and she would beg us to keep that stray, she even named him, Mittens. We didn't have the money for the cat, the food, the toys and vet. We're all to expensive for us but she was too young and didn't understand that.
Today we were all going out for a picnic, we usually don't do things like this but today a year ago my parents died.
It was a tragic evening for all of us, it was raining and everyone were making their way home from a soccer game that we didn't get to finish, that afternoon we were still the Benare's, still a family. My dad, Rick, was driving his 1969 Camaro, he was quite a collector. Dad had rarest car collection in town, he loved his cars but not as much as mom loved her animals. She was a vet who would take that three legged hamster home and teach him how walk, run and jump again, she was incredible! They both were but something was wrong with the road and the car started drifting and there we were going crash and then black. We woke up in a broken 1969 Camaro and two live less parents. The car had crashed into a huge maple tree and smashed the front of the car. They were dead and we were mortified, little Sky was 9 and balling her eyes out. We decided that on the anniversary of the accident we would spend our time together as a family at the maple tree to remember our parents. But thinking about it now, if we have these gifts and maybe our parents did too. Since Madi's is healing maybe mom's is too! In that case what if they're... I couldn't finish my though when Sky almost broke my trying to open it so fast.
" COME QUICK!! ITS MADI!!"