3. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙.

CHAPTER THREE|The Ground

Ashlyn was bored. Without any of her friends, she found it hard to do anything. So she just sat around. She looked up from her spot in the ground to see Murphy on his way to Wells. She gets up and also heads that way.

"No, not yet, but, I'm going back out if you want to come." Wells offers Murphy, As he laughs

"I might come. To whatever you're doing I'm bored" Ashlyn walks and stands beside Wells.

"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him." Murphy looks down at Wells

"You spelled die wrong, geniuses."

"It's D-I-E." she walks away with Wells looking over her shoulder as Bellamy walks up toward the two boys.

"Do you want to help me look for water?" Wells looks over to her.

"Why not. Nothing else to do." She smiles. They head out to go look. They stay out there for a few hours. Making slight conversations.

They decided to head back before dark. Ashlyn makes her way towards the fire. Sitting firmly in front of it.

"You gonna take your bracelet off?" Murphy comes over to her, and sits beside her.

"Probably not." She looks over at him.

"You gonna force it off of me?" She raises her eyebrows

"Ah, Nah, not today." He chuckles, looking down towards the ground.

"Uh not to be rude or anything, why are you being so nice to me?" She asks genuinely

"Your father died too, and your mother practically ignored you, no offence. We've got the same background. I don't know," he laughs softly

"Just wanted someone to talk to who could relate. Everyone else here doesn't really get it or doesn't care." He speaks truthfully.

"Ah, yeah, I get it. I don't really know anyone here. Pretty much just Jasper and Monty, and Finn. And Bellamy." She mutters the last bit quietly under her breath.

"Huh? What?" He shoots her a confused look.

"Nothing, nothing, it's fine." She laughs.

"So, Why don't you join me and Bellamy? We could use someone like you on your team." He glances at her slightly.

"Ah, well... Me and Bellamy don't really get along all too well, so that probably not going to work." She responded while looking back down at the fire.