Unfinished Business

Dusk was settling on Anaxes as the Bad Batch prepared to infiltrate a Separatist fleet. Althea prepped her weapons and med bag as Hunter made his rounds. "Thea, is everything ready?"

The medic nodded. "Yup, Sarge. We are ready." Hunter nodded and walked off.

"Still not sure how we're gonna land on that ship." Tech remarked.

Rex walked over to them. "Don't worry. Echo says he's got a plan."

"That makes me feel so much better." Tech said sarcastically, earning an eye roll from Althea.

"What do you mean by that?" Rex asked.

"To be blunt–" Tech started.

"You're always blunt." Althea interrupted.

"–His kind belonged to the Separatists until we unplugged him." Tech didn't miss a beat. "We really don't know where his loyalties lie."

Rex's expression hardened. "Yeah. Well, I know. Now, get moving." He boarded the Marauder, Tech and Althea followed soon after with the former getting a punch from the girl.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Tech piloted the ship calmly, an incredible feat when Wrecker sat behind him. "Please tell me we are blowing something up." He asked.

Skywalker chuckled lightly. "Sorry, Wrecker, this is strictly stealth."

The demo man groaned. "I hate that word."

Skywalker placed his hand on Echo's shoulder. Althea didn't approve him for combat yet, but none of the reg medics took her seriously. "Echo, you're up."

The ARC leaned down and plugged his scomp into the plug. "Don't worry. As soon as I plug in, I'll send a signal to the command ship."

"What type of signal are you gonna send?" Hunter asked. "Nothing that'll give us away, right?" The squad all had their worries about Echo, but he seemed oblivious to it.

"As far as the droids are concerned, we're just gonna be another one of their shuttles coming in for a landing." Echo said it with a suppressed excitement, but Hunter glanced at Crosshair.

"And the regs think we take risks." He remarked. Crosshair nodded and Althea savored this moment. This was one of the few times they ever agreed on anything. The medic hated when she had to clean their wounds, especially Crosshair's. Hunter could throw a mean punch.

Echo furrowed his brow. "Sending the signal...now." They flew through the Separatist fleet, everyone feeling high anxiety. If Echo's plan didn't work, or he betrayed them, they would be blown to bits in an instant.

​​​​​​Everyone breathed a breath of relief as the robotic voice came through the comms. "Roger, roger, Shuttle TC-159. You may approach and land."

Wrecker groaned. "I'd still rather blow it up."

Althea watched as Tech landed on the under belly of the command ship. "I have a feeling you'll get your chance."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

As they made their way through the empty halls of the ship, Althea's senses were put on high. Every hair on her body stood on end, despite the quiet. She wondered if this was how Hunter felt all the time, constantly in a state of hyper-awareness. They reached the transmission room where Echo took off his helmet. "Tech, can you rig an interface?"

"I assume that's a rhetorical question." Tech said as he set to work. Crosshair and Wrecker hung back in case droids showed up.

Echo turned to Skywalker. "We should make sure this comm vault has no other entrances."