Chapter Seven

Another fun chapter! :-)

Lucy stood in front of the mirror, adjusting her hair for what felt like the hundredth time that evening. Betty watched with a knowing smile, her reflection appearing beside Lucy's in the mirror.

"You look stunning, Lucy. Buck won't know what hit him," Betty teased, a mischievous glint in her eye as she handed Lucy a small tube of lipstick. Lucy blushed, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves fluttering in her stomach like a flock of startled birds.

"Thanks, Betty. I just hope I don't trip over my own feet on the dance floor," Lucy replied with a nervous laugh, her hands slightly trembling as she applied the lipstick. Betty chuckled softly, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Oh please, you dance like Ginger Rogers! Now come on, let's finish getting ready before the boys arrive." With practiced ease, Betty adjusted the strap of Lucy's dress, a soft blush pink that complemented her fair complexion, and added a touch of perfume to complete the ensemble. The delicate scent lingered in the air as they put the final touches on their outfits, ensuring every detail was perfect for the evening ahead. Just as they were finishing up, there came a polite knock at the door. Betty, with her usual grace, glided over and opened it to reveal Buck and Bucky standing there in their crisp uniforms, both wearing charming smiles that hinted at the camaraderie shared between them.

"Good evening, ladies," Buck greeted warmly, his voice carrying a hint of excitement for the night ahead. His eyes sparkled with admiration as he took in Lucy's appearance, his gaze lingering on her with unspoken affection. "You both look wonderful."

Bucky, always one for a playful remark, chimed in with a grin. "Indeed, you two are going to turn heads tonight," he teased good-naturedly, winking at Betty who responded with a playful roll of her eyes.

Silver Wings was alive with music and laughter as the four friends settled into a cozy booth. The dim lighting and lively atmosphere created the perfect setting for a night of revelry. Lucy, her blonde curls cascading down her shoulders, leaned in closer to Buck, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Betty, with her infectious laughter, leaned in towards Lucy, "Isn't this place just magical?" she exclaimed, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Lucy nodded, her gaze shifting to Buck, who was watching her intently. She could feel his warm gaze on her, causing a rush of emotions to flood through her. As they sipped on their drinks, Buck raised his glass.

"To friendship and to love," he toasted, his gaze lingering on Lucy. Lucy felt her heart skip a beat as she clinked her glass with his.

"To friendship and love," she echoed softly. The band struck up a lively tune, and soon the dance floor was filled with couples swaying to the music. Buck held out his hand to Lucy, a charming smile playing on his lips.

"Care to dance?" he asked. Lucy nodded, placing her hand in his as they moved gracefully across the floor. In that moment, everything else faded away - it was just her and Buck lost in the music and each other's company.

As the song came to an end, Buck pulled Lucy closer to him, his gaze never leaving hers.

"You're a wonderful dancer," he whispered softly, his breath warm against her ear. Lucy felt a blush creep up her cheeks at his compliment, a shy smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"And you're not so bad yourself," she teased playfully. "Although, I know how much you hate to dance." Buck chuckled, the sound deep and rich.

"I only like to dance when it's with you." Lucy's heart skipped a beat at his words. She knew that despite his tough exterior, he had a soft spot for her that melted her insides every time he showed it. The way he looked at her made her feel like she was the only woman in the room, filling her with a sense of warmth and belonging that she cherished more than anything else.