1 - Welcome to the Playground

(Hello Kitty Disguised Blade by @YU1XAKII on Twitter)

Penacony, the Land of Dreams. The Family. The Astral Express. The IPC. The Stellaron Hunters. You all are aware of the story by now. But just as the amount and vividness of dreams in the landscape are endless; the amount of stars in the universe; the universes themselves, are endless.

A vibration rustled inside the man's pockets. He was receiving a call from a colleague. "Old man, you DO know how to use this thing, right?"

The script you're familiar with in the Star Rail universe has diverged an infinite amount of times. This one remained consistent with the story you're familiar with so far, up until Penacony, that is.

"Silver Wolf... You already know I'm not the most adept when it comes to this, technology..."

Well, this has been your exposition and warning. If you are unfamiliar with the lore starting from Penacony onwards, divulge in at your own risk.

.

.

.

A playful voice exited the phone of the lone Stellaron Hunter. "Relax..." She said, "I've programmed your phone to be more compatible with. Well. Compatible with you."

The young recruit on the other end of the phone was only met with a confused grunt. The playful voice then turned frustrated, but helped her confused friend anyway. "I've locked your phone out from being able to do anything else other than the GPS used to track Sam or call me. Your fingers are unusable for any precision work, so I've also added FaceID so you don't have to input a password to open your phone."

"Face... ID...?"

"Just stare at the phone and it'll open, ok? Now get going with the script already. You're going to be late if you focus on this for this long."

A grunt of frustration went into the call as Blade was very quickly losing patience at his colleague. He always dealt with her attitude, but this time in particular got him to his nerves. "Stare at the phone? Why don't you just stop with these games I don't understand, Silver Wolf."

The girl's smug attitude about helping Blade use his phone pissed Blade off even more. "End the call and just stare at the phone. From there you'll know what to do." After another frustrated sigh, he decided to just trust in Silver Wolf and dropped the call.

As Silver Wolf instructed, Blade pointed the phone's screen up to his face and stared at it. After less than a second of delay, it opened up to reveal two large buttons, Call Silver Wolf, and Sam GPS.

The girl on the other end received a call not long after, causing her to chuckle in victory. "Told you, old man. I made the buttons big so your injuries shouldn't hold you back from the mission. You know your script, right?"

"Yes. You need not remind me of anything else."

"And the GPS to track Sam?"

"A virtual map that leads to him... Am I correct?"

"Yep. Go play your part, and we'll play ours."

Silver Wolf outstretched her arms to relieve tension after the call ended, as if she did anything remotely straining to begin with. Kafka walked past behind her as she did, leading Silver Wolf to follow for no particular reason.

"You should have gone with him, you know... He's even more pissy without your Whisper keeping him calm." But Wolf didn't exactly only follow and speak with Kafka to complain, she also wanted to brag. "By the way, I ought to be given some sort of reward for my great work. Do you know how difficult it is to lock a phone out of but a few functions? Then editing an onboarding user interface to only allow those few options? Catering to Blade's needs is hard work."