2 - Past and Future

(Cleave Against the Transient World by miHoYo)

"So... What will you do while waiting?"

"..."

"What the hell do I do???"

1 Hour, 40 Minutes, and 32 seconds until Blade's part of the script needs to be played out.

The disguised Stellaron Hunter attempted to do whatever all around Penacony to kill time. Gambling? Mind numbing. Watching theater? Boring. Eating? Dreamscape food was interesting to say the least. Maybe food in a fake dreamworld just tasted that odd, maybe the food themselves were odd.

This goes without saying that Blade wasn't exactly the patient type, of course. Firefly had been gone for a good 20 minutes and Blade just ran through a bunch of the stereotypical activities at the land of dreams and decided none of them were worth his time.

"Usually there'd be something to prepare for, but this script is just so hollow. What outcome are you hoping for, Elio? What fate will this planet meet?"

With no other ideas left, Blade pathed towards the edge of the Golden Hour by the balconies, hoping to just stop and stare at the view beyond–the lit skies showing what looked like cities up above; roads, walkways, buildings, and other people down below; the fake stars that still gave out a sense of beauty–all while reminiscing about his recent trip to the Xianzhou Luofu, and how he met old comrades after 700 years of separation.

No point in relieving past memories, trauma that should have had no effect on him now, yet he was forced to by the curse of long life. He leaned forward, putting the weight of his body against the railing before him.

"...If only the Spirit Whisperer could keep you silent..."

But without Kafka, the mara would slowly creep in, flashing bits of his memories from Yingxing's days. Did he trust in Elio? Not entirely. After all, he knew what kind of rabid beast he'd become should the mara take over once again. Only this time, there wouldn't be a Jingliu there to temporarily eliminate him, nor a suit of armor and a whisperer to sedate him.

Blade opened his eyes, only to see that the views of the starry skies he had just looked at turn into a shelf filled with bottles, the railing he leaned on a bar, and his body seated. In a slight panic, he stumbled backwards and began to frantically look around to scout his surroundings.

A pair of footsteps from the darkness began to approach Blade, who prepared to draw the Shard Sword from his blood should the person reveal themselves to be a threat. A voice accompanied these steps, soothing and low–just like another person he knew.

"Annihilation Gang. Astral Express. IPC. Galaxy Rangers. And now."

The woman stepped out of the shadows to reveal herself, and very quickly the memories in Blade's head that threatened to reveal his true self had suddenly gone quiet.

"Stellaron Hunter."

With his cover blown, Blade took the glasses and mask off, then drew the Shard Sword through the cuts all over his arms. He was ready to fight the sorceress, but was simultaneously intrigued by what she did to his position and his head.

"If you know who I am, then you'd know to stay away."

The woman chuckled upon hearing Blade's words. To show peace and non-hostility, she sat at one of the barstools and leaned against the table.

"Sit down, hunter. I just wanted to talk."

Blade pointed the sword at her while circling around, distrustful of the woman given the circumstances, most especially the fact that she could blow his cover at any moment. The woman noticed this and got up, gracefully floated to the other end of the bar, and pulled out a book from the shelves underneath.