03 | The accident

"Let's go, Amara! We're going to be late for Miss Mystic Falls!" Caroline whimpered. "If I can't see the dance, I'll be blaming you!"

"Calm down, Care. There are thirty minutes left to start, our parents haven't even left yet. Anyways, why do you want to arrive before everyone else?" Amara asked the other girl while she was doing her hair.

"I need to know what it's like, Ann, if I'm going to be Miss Mystic Falls one day, I need to know what to prepare for!" Caroline declared while gesticulating nervously. "And stop messing with your hair, it's beautiful. Let's go soon, please?"

The Gilbert rolled her eyes. "Ok, ok. God, what a hurry. Let's go then." She said as she walked towards the door.

The blonde jumped out of bed and exclaimed showing a smile. "Thank you! Thank you! Let's go!"

_______

Caroline sits on a stool in the corner of the room as soon as the awards are over, totally discredited. "Ann, I can't believe it. How did she win? Meredith had everything to win! Everything! She had the perfect extracurricular activities, the dress, the perfect speech! Okay, her pair could have been better. But how?" And the blonde kept murmuring how the whole competition was unfair and that the new Miss Mystic Falls should be Meredith.

The Forbes speech was only interrupted when someone cleared their throat. "I'm not so so right if it was unfair. She had great conditions, yes, but the other one too. And are you okay? You seem about to have an attack."

That voice wasn't strange to Amara, but she couldn't put a face in her voice.

Then, out of mere curiosity, the brunette turned around and saw who had spoken to them.

"She's fine, Bonnie. It will only take a little while for the shock to go away. What about you? What are you doing here?" Amara questioned, genuinely curious about what led the other girl to be at a party that normally would not be. "Your parents dragged you to this? It's depressing, seriously."

"Oh no, I actually wanted to come. I was curious to know why all the excitement about the event. And if I'm going to be honest, it doesn't seem that interesting to me." The not yet discovered witch Bennett spoke, as she looked around. "I was waiting for more, you know? It looks like a normal kind of dance to me. Nothing special at all."

"I know! The first time my parents dragged me here with my brothers I had all the expectation of a Disney movie-style ball...maybe it's more interesting for those who participate. The good thing is that there's food." The brunette replied, sitting on a stool right next to her best friend. "Don't you want to stay here with us? At least you'll have something to do, besides getting company."

Bonnie smiled and nodded before pulling a stool and sitting together with the other girls. "So, are we friends now?"

The blonde and the brunette looked at each other before the two waved. "Of course, if you want to." Amara said, smiling. "You can call me Ann."

"And I'm Caroline but you can call me Care, my friends call me that." Caroline said, happy to be making friends with the other girl.

"So, you can call me Bon. And if I may, why Ann?" The witch asked, curiously.

"Well, someone decided that my name didn't have any decent nickname and started calling me Ann, thanks to my middle name. But I got attached to this nickname then..." Gilbert explained, while shining to her best friend, with affection.

"It's totally true, Ann! Amara doesn't have any good nicknames! Would you like me to call you Ama? Or Ara? Terrible!" Forbes protested, pretending to be insulted by the accusation, even if it was the most complete truth.