Orange lemons

The ocean is dual. It can be calm, clear, blue and inviting. The waves gently lapping against the shore. When the sun is raging it is a cool solace for you to take refuge from the heat. But it can also be violent. The water turning a dark blue, destroying anything that dares disturb it. The sea can have a blood lust. When the ocean is angry it can slaughter thousands. Danae had the misfortune of seeing it angry.

The day it happened held no prerequisites of what was to come. The sky was clear except for a few gold rimmed clouds. Air filled with the scent of juniper; the sun beating down upon the coastal town. The morning as a result was quite slow. Danae had spent it weaving on a cliff overlooking the sea. It was truly a beautiful sight, stretching for miles. It was odd to think that somewhere across that way you may come across another island. So strange that you could sail through the ocean and come to find things and people so different from you and yet still see the same horizon. Her musings were dispelled as a figure came running up the hill. The woman was out of breath and at the same time utterly breath taking. June. She smiled at Danae a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"I got you an orange"

She held out the 'orange', it was a bright yellow. Though some correlate beauty with idiocy, it was not the case with June. Danae cocked up an eyebrow in lieu of asking for an explanation.

"It worked with Ilias" She answered pouting slightly and finally putting down the lemon.

" First of all Ilias can't see colours and second why did you think it would work on me?"

June shrugged, tossing the lemon from one hand to the other.

"I didn't see the harm in trying, I thought it would be funny to see your face get all scrunched up"

Danae pursed her lips and June started giggling.

"Exactly like that"

She rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the cloth she was weaving. After several minutes of comfortable silence June pressed a small kiss to the others nose and gently tugged at her arm.

"Its too hot, lets go for a swim"

Danae smiled, dropping the cloth and allowing herself to be pulled away.

The sea had successfully lulled them toward it.

They reached the beach without too many hurdles. June finally relenting Danaes arm as she took off her shoes and ran toward the cool water. Danae followed suit running to catch up while simultaneously trying to tie her hair up with a ribbon. This was of course to ensure it didn't get soaked like their last outing. By the time she had caught up with June her hair resembled a birds nest, the ribbon stuck in the middle. June had started wading into the water, turning back once she noticed Danae wasn't with her. She looked at Danae's hair with scrutiny and went back to the shore.

"Your making it worse, let me do it"

She combed out Danae's hair with her finger eventually releasing the ribbon. June smoothed it out before placing her hair in a bun; secured with the ribbon.

"There you go, all good"

Justas Danae was going to thank her, June kicked the saltwater at her, rendering the bun useless and her utterly soaked. June at least had the decency to bow her head as she laughed at Danae but it wasn't enough to quell her anger. June yelped as Danae leaped at her pulling them both into the water. She squawked indignantly at her retaliation, the sound reminding Danae of her chickens back home so couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her. The look on June face slowly morphed into mirth and then exclaimed.