Öga for Öga

TW: Mentions of blood/gore

I sit in my room, running my hands through my hair, unable to get the image of Elliot out of my head. I'm able to calm myself enough, and look up as Five blinks into my room.

"Hey, wanna go to 1982?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

I bit my lip and glanced at the door. I figured I needed some time away from everything, so maybe a trip to 1982 wouldn't be horrible.

I smile up at him. "Sure, let's go."

He smiles and grabs my hand, and blinks me into the alleyway. He pulls out a Commission suitcase, and before I can ask, he opens it and we're blinked to what I'm assuming is 1982.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" I asked, looking around. He hands me a card, and I open it. "Lucky Lodge Inn. Wisconsin, 1982."

"Yup, we're here to do someone a favor that'll get us back home," he says as we towards the inn.

"Five, are you working with the Handler again?" I asked, skeptical.

He gave me a sheepish smile. "She promised to get us back to 2019 if we do this."

"You really are stupid. Okay, let's go," I sighed, and opened the lodge doors, stepping into the lobby.

We look around, and Five walks up to a lady at the front desk. "Excuse me."

"Uff da. You snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put them out till 3:00," the lady said.

My face lit up at the mention of cookies. "I want cookies!"

The lady chuckled and Five smiled a little. "Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?"

"Sure do. Muskellunge Banquet Room. You two looking for your mom? She in the convention?" The lady asked, a big smile on her face.

I noticed Five eyeing the vending machine. "Hey, could we get some change?" I asked as I hand her a dollar bill.

"Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse," she smiled and began rummaging through her fanny pack. "Only a nickel and a couple of dimes," she muttered. "Oh! You, are, in, luck, missy," she smiled and placed coins in my hand.

"You know, some say the best luck is to die at the right time," Five said as I handed him the change.

The lady's face fell, and I looked at him. "Uh, excuse my brother. We're gonna go. Thank you!" I said as I dragged him along.

We walked up to the vending machine, and Five put the coins in.

"I want a Fudge Nutter," I smiled and licked my lips as I saw the bar.

He chuckled a little. "Okay, I'll get you a Fudge Nutter." He punched the code in, and the bar began to drop. It stopped halfway through, leaving the bar sitting there. He punched the code in again, and then tried to stick his arm up the machine. He did that twice more as I began to laugh.

"This isn't funny!" He grumbled, frustrated as he began to shake the machine. "Stupid mother Fudge Nutter!"

I laughed even harder, holding onto my stomach.

"Fucking Fudge Nutter!" He grunted, still shaking and banging into the machine. He eventually kicked it, and the glass broke. I laughed even harder, falling to the ground.

"Get up," he hissed, grabbing me and dragging me away as I try to recollect myself. I calmed down, and as we walked he glided his finger across the bottom of a cake, sticking it in his mouth and sucking it clean.