Chapter 25

It was 9 am and Jack woke up, but Damian was still sleeping. He didn't feel like waking up today. Jack tried to get him off, but Damian didn't like it at all.

Damian: No.

Jack: Damian. Let me get up. Please.

Damian: Come on Jack. I want you to sleep with me.

Jack: If you don't let me get up, I won't hang out with you for the rest of the day.

Jack tried to get up, but was stopped. Damian looked at Jack as if he was tired. Jack looked at him and wanted to know what was wrong.

Jack: What's wrong? Do you have a headache?

Damian: Yeah. I just don't feel like getting up.

Jack: Do you want me to get you some medicine to help you?

Damian: Yeah.

Jack: Ok. You gotta let me go if you want your headache gone.

Damian: Fine.

Damian let go of Jack and he left the bedroom. He headed to the kitchen where the medicine was at. While heading there, he almost bumped into Narissa.

Jack stopped himself from bumping into her, but he did fall. Narissa reached out her hand to him and Jack grabbed it. She pulled him up and helped back in his feet.

Jack: Thank you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking.

Narissa: That's okay, but are you okay?

Jack: I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me.

Narissa: Ok then. I was heading to Damian's room to wake him up.

Jack: Well, he has a headache right now. I'm headed to the kitchen to get him some medicine.

Narissa: You go ahead now.

Jack: Ok.

Jack continued walking to the kitchen. When he got to the living room, he noticed Lucifer was sitting in his chair. He tried not to make a sound, but one of the steps made a creak.

Lucifer looked back and saw Jack.

Lucifer: Good morning Jack.

Jack: Good morning. I was trying not to disturb you, but I guess you know.

Lucifer: At least you tried. Now, what do you need?

Jack: I'm getting some medicine for Damian because he has a headache. I was heading to the kitchen to look for some.

Lucifer: There's some in the cabinet above the fridge.

Jack: Thank you.

Lucifer: No problem.

Jack headed to the kitchen and walked towards the cabinet above the fridge. Luckily for him, he was tall enough to reach into the cabinet and grab the medicine. He closed the cabinet door back and headed back.

Jack walked back to Damian's room. He was galf that he could reach that far. While thinking to himself, he bumped into Jill.

He held on to her before she fell to the ground. Jack put her back on her feet.

Jack: You okay?

Jill: Yeah. Thank you.

Jack: You're welcome.

Jill: What's that in your hand?

Jack: It's medicine. Damian has a headache and I'm bringing this to him.

Jill: Oh.

Jack: This is awkward. We haven't gotten used to talk to each other because of you being with someone else.

Jill: I know. I'm glad we could be friends again.

Jack: Me too. Well, I have to give this to Damian. I'll see you later.

Jill: See you later Jack.

He headed back to Damian's room. Once he arrived, he opened the door and saw Damian. He felt bad for him and walked towards him. Jack handed him the medicine along with a water bottle.

Damian put the medicine in his mouth and took a sip of water. He swallowed the water with the medicine.

Damian: Thank you Jack.

Jack: No problem. Do you need me to sleep with you for a bit?

Damian: You can if you want. I need an hour to get rid of this headache.

Jack: I guess I'll let you sleep. Sleep as much as you need.

Damian: Ok.

Jack kissed Damian on the head and his hand was grabbed before he could leave. Damian pulled Jack towards and kissed him on the cheek. Jack blushed a little and touched his cheek.

Jack: All I did was give you that medicine. You didn't need to do that.

Damian: You're just too kind for your own good.

Jack: There's no such thing as too much kindness.

Damian: That's true. Well, I'll see you when I feel better.

Jack: See you.

Jack left Damian's room and met a familiar face.

Jack: Oh hey Jeremy.

Jeremy: Hi Jack. Is it okay if we hang out for  a bit?

Jack: Yeah. I have nothing else to do.

Jeremy then made a portal to Safe Haven and the both of them went through. The portal closed and Jeremy decided to get some coffee.

Jeremy: I'll go get us some coffee.

Jack: I'll wait here.

While Jack was waiting for Jeremy to get some coffee, Jack saw Zill and thought he was looking for him. He his behind a big garbage can and hoped he wouldn't see him.

Zill: Maybe Jack isn't here today. I think it's best to wait until tomorrow.

Kayla: I agree. It's too bad we won't be able to to apologize.

Zill: Yeah. Let's just go.

Zill and Kayla left and Jack stopped hiding. He got back to where he was and waited for Jeremy. He walked out of the face with two coffees.

Jeremy: Got the coffee. Where do you wanna sit?