~part I:the news that broke~

I was at college when I first heard about my grandparents passing away. I stood there frozen. I just couldn't speak. The staff room was cold. I could feel cold breeze all around me. Maybe the AC or the fact that I had lost my grandparents. In this cruel world again, I was all alone

My grandparents were the only ones who took me in not long after my parents died in a car accident.

It was now trail day. Everyone was eagerly waiting for the big announcement. Some fixed their ties. Some retouched their makeup. Everyone was so excited. All I could do was roll my eyes. They didn't bother to visit them in their early life. Did not care at all. My aunt from my father's side was so excited. My mother didn't have parents. She was abandoned at a young age. My mom did have some relatives, but they refused to take care of her. That's why she was left at the orphanage.

Mr. Charles was here to deliver the message. The courtroom was quite loud due to the excitement, of course,reports at the back getting ready to take pictures,journalists waiting so they could write their statement. I felt cold air around me once again, maybe its my grandparents watching from above or the presence of someone. While I was sitting at the witness stand, well because I had no other choice because the judge made me.... . I saw a person looking at me, but they wore a cap and mask, so I couldn't see their face. That felt very weird to me, if I'll be honest.

"The inheritance belongs to...!"