Cave of secrets (Ironstrange)

A/n- This contains graphic scenes (idk if you can call them that, but I'm not sure), violence, swearing, and comfort at the end. I hope you enjoy it!

Tony's POV:

We were fighting the weekly wannabe villain, who was quite young and had obtained some serious alien weapons.

They were hitting me nonstop, even though the boy looked like he couldn't control them. We were trying to get the boy to surrender peacefully, but that wasn't going to happen as he spawned an army of robots that launched themselves at me and the team.

New York was pretty chilly, snow gathering up on the streets, and it continuously falling as the days passed. I mean, it was winter, but it was rare to see snow in this type of area, but now we couldn't get rid of it. The temperature had dipped below the minuses.

The battle had been going on for a while now, and I was quite tired and especially cold. I felt myself shivering as I carried on blasting the bots with my repulsors.

I saw Strange slip past me, using his magic to destroy them. He was flying with his cloak as they whizzed through the air, demolishing the bots as they came at us. His efforts were futile, though, as more and more spawned just when we'd got the rest of the last round.

I shivered quite profusely. "Jay, put the heaters on, please." And hot air blasted throughout the suit, making me melt in relief. That was a little better.

I always ran a few degrees colder than most people because of the reactor in my chest. It was a nightmare in winter because, more often than not, I'd end up ill with a cold that could become more serious in a matter of a few hours.

Not only that, I often had pain with the reactor. With it being inches deep into my rib cavity, it becomes an irritate, and my body will want to get reject it, and so I'd be in pain for a good while. I ended up being prescribed medicine that is a powerful painkiller, and that helps with the pain when it gets really bad. I hate taking them, though, because they make me sleepy.

I mean, with a literal hole in my chest and those happening, it causes the perfect mix for infection. It is just one of the many issues that comes with cheating death.

I flew about dodging the lasers that aimed at me, as a few bots chased after me. I got a bit ahead of them before exploding them with a missile. I smiled before zooming off.

I looked at all my teammates, checking that they were okay. I was relieved when they were all fine.

I landed on the grounded, next to Nat as I helped her knock down the aliens. We worked like clockwork, her shooting them with her pistols, and I took her six, making sure they weren't ganging up on her while her back was turned.

When her area looked clear, she looked at me and nodded, her lips twitching the tiniest bit, but I saw it. I made Natasha Romanoff smile. I took off again into the sky.

The comms were quiet as everyone concentrated on taking down their target before I heard Steve scream.

"Strange, look out!"

I whipped my head around to look at Stephen before I saw the huge missile heading for him. The kid's using explosives now?!

I gulped and flew towards the sorcerer. If that hits him, he won't make it. He'd die!

I moved before I thought. Time seemed to slow down, me getting in front of him. I looked and saw the missile heading straight for me. I made it in time.

I closed my eyes, accepting my fate, and everything sped up as it made contact with the suit. It threw me several meters through the air as agony bloomed in my chest, making me grunt.