𝟏

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰.

The new text had her jolt forward, cupping the grey cover to naked chest. The movement beside makes her direct her head to her right. Her dark brown eyes stopped right on the Black Panther sitting with a rifle in one hand and spear headed stick in the other. MANIAC in medieval letters underneath. The tattoo took over his entire back. His shoulder blades flexed as he laid on his stomach, snores coming from his throat.

Her eyes then moved up to the back of his head, his hair dark and growing in small curls. Tears set at the brims of her eyes, thinking back to what put her in her current predicament—one that only her and her best friend knows about.

𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤: 𝘈𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵.

Her Audi was black with a leather champagne interior. 2014. Her parents paid for it in full as a celebratory gift for her receiving her drivers license right on her sixteenth birthday the past June. She pulled back after getting her wallet from the cupholder she left behind, closing the door and locking it chirped. Her eyes bounced around and locking with one of the three grown men on the front lawn.

About five-foot-eleven, deep soft brown skin, and chubby. Based on his appearance Janelle felt he hadn't been on the outside too long. That thought alone made her pull her eyes away and kept walking. Her strides past she could feel those same eyes burning the back of her head. She paid it no mind, going inside to start her nail appointment.

Inala White, a friendship that started on FaceBook two years ago once Janelle came across her business page for her nails. Janelle was impressed that a person a younger than her had the skills to do acrylic nails the way people older than her was able to. Any design Janelle wanted, Inala was able to bring to life, so she stuck with her over shops.

The two going to different schools and living in other neighborhoods kept the two apart for the first few months of their friendship until their teams played one another at Homecoming. Although there was already a best friend in her life since elementary, Inala had quickly become her second best friend. The plus was Inala being attractive to Janelle.

"Okay, who's the guys outside with your Uncle?" Janelle asked.

The messy half-up style Inala wore moves with her as her head turned from opening the window to Janelle. "Which one? Jerez or Jared?"

"The dark-skin one."

"Oh, that's Jerez." Inala revealed, opening the clear compartment that held the acrylic nails. "He just got released. Went to prison with my Uncle."

"The Assailant Quad, right?"

      Inala chuckled, "Yeah. I hate they even put a name on it like some movie title."