𝟑

𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫: 𝘈𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘭

      "Oh my God," Inala reacted, staring at the plus sign on the digital test solely in Janelle's hand.

      She pulled back, shifting her gaze to Janelle, who eyed her test fully puzzled. Inala stood slim in the oversized tie dye T-shirt and plaid cropped flare leg pants. Her shoulder length bob was in a back bun, a few tresses shorter and hanging out in the back. The necklace she never took off with her father's name hung around her neck as a permanent stamp. Inala wasn't big on flashy earrings, but the small, gold-plated hoop earrings her uncle brought her for her birthday became her everyday pair to wear.

      "Nelly," she called, tapping her mannequin froze best friend, and getting her gaze to finally avert to her. "What are you gonna do?" she asked.

      "I..." Janelle stopped, leaning on the sink counter in shock. "I don't know. I really don't know."

      "I told you not to mess with him," Inala repeated for over several times since finding out months late about her best friend secretly messing with the man that was practically her uncle. She would've never guessed it since Jerez never gave that vibe towards her. But to find out his was that way was appalling and would be to Dante if he knew. She kept her best friend's secret.

      "I mean you're sixteen," Inala added, shaking her head. "What man would do that kinda thing?"

      Janelle swallowed hard, especially since she never told her best friend she lied about her age and Maniac believes she was eighteen. "Uhh, yeah I—" A knock on the bathroom door cut her off and they jumped up in panic.

      "Aye, y'all done in there?" It was Dante on the end.

      "Uhh, one sec!" Inala responded, taking the test from Janelle, putting it back into the box and stuffing it in the cabinet below the sink.

      "What if he finds it?" Janelle whispered.

      "He won't. He only reach in the only cabinet," Inala told her in a whisper and pointed at the cabinet above the toilet.

      Janelle exhaled in relief before opening the locked bathroom door and Dante's tall frame stood there with his items to shower. He stared questionably for a second. "I get y'all women go to the bathroom together and allat... But from what I walked in on last time, let's not do that. A respectful ground all I ask."

"Yes sir," The best friends chime in unison, moving out of his way so he was able to enter and they went to Inala's room.

      "You guys about to leave?" Janelle asked.

      "Yeah. His halfway house is having the grand opening today. GG and Donye getting him a gift."

      Janelle just nodded, still mentally thinking about the fact she had a fetus growing inside her that would grow in an instant.