𝟐

"You what?" he scowled, standing from his bed whilst stepping his bare feet into his Hanes Cotton boxer briefs and pulling them on over his hips

      "You what?" he scowled, standing from his bed whilst stepping his bare feet into his Hanes Cotton boxer briefs and pulling them on over his hips. His build was stocky and way more toned since his release from prison with the help of his regimes in the boxing gym. His body was decorated all over with black tattoos. He walked over to flick on the light.

      "You heard me," she said, lifting on her knees with the cover cupped under her armpits. "And don't sound like that as if I did this to me. I'm well off and able. I can do this myself."

      Those last five magically words was what sends Jerez's thoughts to what led him into the predicament.

      𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤: 𝘈𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵.

      "I can do this myself," the gentle tone pulled the recently released ex-con focus off the new Apple device, trying to learn how to work it, and to his right was the five-foot-six female he recognized a few days ago over Dante's house and just a few moments ago inside the OnCue gas station. Her fragrance was sweet, easy on the nose, and blowing with the slight breeze the end-of-summer weather had to offer. He stood outside his recent year onyx black bodied GMC Canyon, waiting on the hundred to pump in his tank.

      "Babyface," Jerez gave her the very own nickname, picking it from her face features.

      "The gas," she stated with a motion, and the pink theme key set in her hand jiggled. "I can pay for my own gas."

      "Thank you woulda sufficed." he licked his lips, "You my niece li'l friend."

      "Nothing li'l about me." Janelle sassed.

      "Yeah aight. The gas as a welcome to the family typ'a shit." he said just as his gas clicked, and he reached over to pull it out and place it back on its holder. "You welcome, by the way."

      "Well, thank you." Janelle said, watching him as his twisted the cap on his trucks nozzle.

      She drinks him in. Turned on by the fact he looked even better than the first moment she saw him. His dark small curls was freshly tapered and fade. The unkempt beard was off his jawline and into a unattached goatee. His teeth were nice after the dental visit, the two gold caps permanently covering his sharp canine teeth. He was handsome, and something about his Garden Oaks cadence was reeling her in.

      Everything in Janelle was telling herself to listen to what Inala told her. However, being young and eager to toy with fire, Janelle decided to go against her friend's judgement.

      "Since you blessed me with a full tank, can I bless you by saying you look really nice today?"

      Jerez felt the flirtatious aura oozing off her being, and furrowed his brows. He chuckled as he turned back her way. "How old is yo' young ass?"