Chapter Fourteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable ) ✝︎ ─── 14.
Nebraska.

MELODY HAD walked away from the group after a few minutes of listening to Carol crying, pulling Carl along with her to make sure he didn't look at the dead walkers, or Sophia. She had dried Carl's tears and read a comic with him, she was confused the whole way through it and Carl had decided to just let her talk shit about Shane. They were sitting on the stairs to the porch, Leona chasing a butterfly in front of them.

Melody looked at Carl with annoyance in her face when she seen the group walking up to the house. Carl and Melody moved out of the way for Maggie to open to door after she had slapped Shane in the face, not listening to the argument they were all having about why Sophia was in the barn.

When Maggie opened the door, she let out a scream and jumped back as Harrison goes to bite her. Melody tries to hide her smile as she looked at the walker version of Harrison, walking over to it, pushing it against the doorframe and jamming the same switchblade she had used earlier into his head to kill him again for the second time.

Maggie stared at Harrison's body in shock, tears filling her eyes as her mouth drops open. Hershel looks away as Patricia starts crying. Beth doesn't react, staring blankly at his body and thinking about all the things he had done to her. She was glad Melody had killed him, she had seen her coming out of his room earlier and hadn't mentioned anything to anyone, the two girls sharing a look with each other.

"How did this happen?" Glenn asked. Melody hums, crouching down next to Harrison's body. She tilted his head back, looking him over like she hadn't been the one to kill him.

"It looks like he slit his throat," Melody lied, looking up at the group before glancing over at Beth who gives her a small nod that meant she wasn't going to tell anyone about how he actually died. Rick knew that she was lying, the corners of her lips twitched like she was trying to hold back a smile and the way she had looked over to Beth as soon as she had said it felt suspicious to him but he wasn't going to say anything.

Harrison deserved it.

MELODY RESTED her head on Carol's shoulder as she stares out the window, her hand rubbing hers in a comforting manner. Daryl walks into the van, staring down at Carol for a few seconds, trying to think of what he was going to say, if he was going to say anything. Carol looked over at him when Melody nudged her gently. Melody gave Carol a small hug before getting up, pressing a soft kiss to her dad's cheek before she left the van.