{Chapter 12}

{Lucella}

I was conversing with Stibean about our network when I bumped into Rysen. It seemed that they were comfortable and already gathering information and people's opinions about everything.

For one thing, they despised Regina and called her a vulture and a tyrant. Referring to the days she'd been Regent, they would lament the day she Adrick came to power. If he ever did.

My husband was rather loved by the people and most hoped that he would be King for many years to come. They talked about his father and his mother and how he was much merciful and kinder than his stepmother.

And their opinion of me...well, they just hoped that I wouldn't turn as bad as Regina. I had many ways to prove that and the first would be making charities with my own money. For that, I had to find new admirers for my art and fund a few businesses.

When I heard that Adrick was learning how to shoot, I thought he was already making progress. At his age, all his targets should hit the mark and I wondered if I should let Regina know how defenceless she was leaving her son.

Children do get hurt and that's how they learn.

"Ah!" Adrick groaned in frustration as he failed to land the arrow on the board once again.

"You need to focus on the wind too," Rysen said and took the bow from his brother. The archery teacher stood a few feet away, discussing something with Marcus.

Rysen aimed and took a deep breath before releasing the arrow at the exact moment the wind was favourable. The arrow hit perfectly at the centre of the wooden target, making Adrick jump in glee and ask for another try.

"You can do it," his brother encouraged him.

I walked from where I was standing and stood beside him to analyze his problem. His hands were shaking and he was possibly getting confused with perception.

"Stupid wind," he looked up and cursed.

And he hated the wind.

"You're not understanding archery completely, Adrick," I said, causing him to stop drawing the arrow and look at me. "It looks hard but once you understand it, it is one of the easiest sports there is."

He eyed me dubiously before they went wide. "Can you do it, Lucella?"

I smirked and reached out for his bow. "How about I show you and let you decide?"

This wasn't the first time I held a bow nor would it be the last. But the smooth wood felt great in my hands and I could feel myself smiling as I positioned the arrow and drew it.

"We need imagination for things like this, little one," I said, staring at my target. I could feel several eyes on me now but that wasn't my focus. "And luckily, you don't lack it. Tell me, Adrick, what do you hate the most in this world?"

"Oh! Uh...let's see," he began and through my peripheral vision, I could see him counting his fingers.

"Mister Fense, calculations- Lentils! I hate lentils the most! They are disgusting but my mother forces me to eat them!"

I chuckled and held my position. "That's funny, Adrick. And do you know what I hate the most?" I waited for a favourable breeze. And when it did, I breathed and shot the arrow. "Bugs."

The arrow went through the one Rysen hit earlier. Adrick gasped and began jumping again and held my arm.

"Teach me! Teach me!"

I grinned handed him back the bow and gestured for him to get into position. "Calm yourself and take a deep breath before you release." I stepped back and watched his hands trembling.