{Chapter 27}

{Regina}

I clenched my fists when I saw the paintings in front of me. Whatever that brat did for the past few weeks made me suspect her. She was already digging into the finance books and working her witchcraft on my children.

And now, this?...

"Calm down, Your Grace," Saya told me. "This is just a painting."

It wasn't just a painting. It was a warning. It burned as if Diana Arupis came back to life to taunt me that she held power and Julian was her husband, and could never be mine.

How the hell did Lucella have the talent to draw something that never happened?

The evening sun began to settle as I glared at the picture. Julian was a love-sick fool and so was his son. Both of them and their wives were making my life miserable.

"This is so disrespectful to you," Saya muttered calmly.

I looked at her sharply, having the urge to slap her. "I thought this room burned down to ashes." Just like I ordered it to be.

When I saw this room for the first time, rage blinded me. I had Saya organise an event which would lead to this hall and all the stupid pictures in it burnt down. The fact that Julian never took them down when he married me gave me a clear picture of what to expect from the marriage.

But Lucella Ordis...was a worse threat than I thought.

Before she arrived, Rysen didn't dare to order me around. Especially when it came to my children. Not only did he force me to arrange archery and swordship for Adrick but dismissed my order when he brought that tottering fool Dolores back.

I was trying my best to remove people loyal to them but they managed to anger me. My drink won't be able to put this fire out.

"Saya," I breathed, looking away from the picture. "I am sending a letter to Alvin. To tell him to hurry up with our plan."

The woman nodded and I tried to calm myself. Lucella Ordis. You won't overpower me. You and your stupid husband won't be able to turn my children against me.

I shall not let that happen as long as I breathe.

◇◇◇