PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"What on earth are you still doing, Serena?! Aren't we going to pick-up your brother or not?!" My bestfriend ; Hani, scolded with her hands on her hips.

Today is the day my younger brother ; Spencer comes home here in Korea and I am suppose to pick him up. I asked Hani to come with me so she can drive to the airport.

"Just me a sec, I need to put my socks on." I said as I struggle to put my socks on.

"Girl, your brother's arrival is in 30 minutes. Don't tell me you're going to make him wait for us? That boy is sure tired from the flight."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Hani scolds me like a mother, sometimes she needs to take a chill pill.

"Just start the car and I'll follow."

"Follow after 5, 10, or 20 minutes?" She remarked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes as I finish up and put my shoes on, "I don't have time for your sarcasms, Hani. Just start the car, I'm ready to go."

She rolled her eyes as well and left to start the car. I followed behind and made sure to lock the door.

"Holy shit, there's alot of people in here! What's goin' on?"

Indeed there's too many people than usual. The airport is too crowded and many people are holding banners, waiting for their loved-ones to arrive. However, today's really unusual? Is there a celebrity in here?

"Would you be able to recognize Spencer? Have you got his contact?" Hani asked while his eyes scanned the entire airport.

"No but the last thing he said to me was he is wearing leather jacket and nike airforce white. That's all info I've got." I shrugged. It's true, that's the last thing he said to me before he left for the flight.

"Wow, what an insightful information. I've already seen couple of people wearing the same shoes, I'm sure you will be able to recognize him yea?" I looked at Hani and I've caught her rolling her eyes at me. Hani is really good at sarcastic remarks. Kinda regretting taking her with me now.

"Well I remember my mom telling me he's gotten taller now. Like taller than me." I added.

Hani's eyes drooped like a -_- emoji. I chuckled at her reaction. She has zero patience at all. My phone suddenly beeped with my notification from Spencer popping up. It was a kakkao message.

"Just arrived. Signal is difficult to reach. Meet me at gate 3."

"He said to meet us at gate 3. I'll try to call him." I said and dialed his number to call however, it directed to an automated voice mail saying that his number is unable to reach. Maybe there is really no signal in the area.

We waited for 20 minutes at the said gate but no Spencer arrived. I wonder if he got lost.

"Ugh! Can't take this anymore. Why don't we split up and look for him?" Hani stood up and suggested.

"Hani, let's just wait a little longer. I think he got lost on his way out."

"Lost? Everyone is already here and he's not. C'mon, let's find him."

She got the point though. I am unable to reach him through call nor message and that was his last message. We decided to split up and searched the arrival area.

"Where is that kiddo?" I muttered while scratching my head.

As I looked to the left, I noticed a familiar figure standing. Wearing. leather jacket, a nike airforce white shoes and a cap. He's holding a luggage with him as well while being on the phone. He really is way taller now.

I smiled. Finally.

"Spencer!" I called out, but he did not turn around.

An idea popped into my head as I smile. My brother doesn't like being mushy and kisses so I sneak behind his back and attacked him with a back up, wrapping my arms around his back tightly.

I tip-toed to his side of his neck and kissed it, "Welcome home, dongsaeng!"

But instead of getting scared and pushing me away as his immediate reaction, he was calm. He slowly turned his head to me as I slowly unwrap my arms from his waist. My head dropped to my stomach when I realized it's not my brother but some guy with a sharp small eyes and plump lips who is now staring at me with his dead cold look as if I didn't smack my lips on his neck few minutes ago.

My mouth is now wide ajar. My sweat is now streaming down the side of my face. Shit. "I...uh..."

"Serena!" I heard someone called me from behind. I turned around, it was now my real brother starting at me with confused look. Oh trust me, I am too.

"Forget this happened. Bye!" I waved bye and ran towards my brother, grabbed his hand and ran further away with luggage still in his hand.

As we lost sight of that guy, I bend while I pant, tired from running. Spencer looks annoyed as he fixed the strap of his backpack.

"Serena, what the hell was that?!"

"I...sorry...nevermind that. Um, I'll call Hani and then we'll go home okay?" I took out my phone and called Hani's number. After a few rings, she answered and I speak, "I found Spencer. Let's go home. Meet us at the parking lot."

I helped Spencer with his luggage and we proceeded to go home, hoping that everything that happened earlier will be removed from my memory. I hope that guy will forget my face and I hope I never gets to see him again until I die.