In a Flash

"Mommy, Daddy, today's the day!!! Come onnnn, wake uuuup!" Raian told his parents.

    "Ok, ok, we get it. Let's eat something first." His mom said, suppressing a laugh from her child's antics. With as much energy as she can let out, she gets up from her bed to make breakfast for her family.

    His family was far from wealthy, so he was expecting to eat oatmeal for breakfast, maybe even a slice of bread. It wasn't that he didn't like them. It was just getting tiring almost every morning, which is why he was surprised when pancakes were plopped in front of him.

    "Yesterday, I picked up some microwaveable pancakes for your birthday. It's not much, but it's the thought that counts." His mom told him with a shake smile. Recently, rent has been skyrocketing due to the increase in damage property from villains and heroes, mainly Endeavor.

    "They taste amazing!" Raian exclaimed with a huge grin plastering his face. Although he didn't have what his other friends had, Raian didn't really care because he loved what he did have, and that was his family, and he knew his mom and dad loved him too.

    "Who's ready to find out what their Quirk is?!" Raian's dad asked cheerily. Raian was a bit nervous because he needed to have a strong quirk. He wanted to be a hero and repay his parents for the love and support they gave him.

    Swallowing all his doubt, Raian asked his dad a question, "What if I have a weak quirk? Can I still become a hero?"

    "Of course you can buddy." His dad reassured him. "No matter what your quirk is, me and Mommy will still love you."

    Once settled in the car, the family drove 9ff to see the doctor. In this world, 80% of the world has a supernatural ability called a quirk. Most people start to awaken them at age 4, which is why Raian was heading there today, as it was his 4th birthday.

    "Okay. In order to figure out what quirk you possess, we are going to have to do a couple of tests. Are you ready?" The doctor asked Raian.

    "YEAH!" Raian exclaimed loudly.

    "Sorry kid." whispered the doctor to himself. Raian just barely heard but still froze in place. The doctor continued, now talking directly to Raian's parents,"Based on our results, you son does have a quirk, but we can't see new or upcoming changes in his body. This means that your sons quirk has special activation requirements. Some people go their whole life without activating there quirk more than once. He is basically quirkless.

    Raian looked at his parents for reassurance, but all he saw was anger. He couldn't understand why they would be mad at the doctor though. All he did was his job. Raian decided to cheer himself up instead. ~I can still be a hero. I just have to work 10 times as hard as everyone else. With my parents' help and support, I can do it~ Raian thought cheerfully.

    The ride back home was dead quiet. No one dared to speak out until they stopped at a random alleyway.

    "Get out." His father said dryly. It was raining, so Raian didn't really know what to do, so he looked at his with a father, questioning glare through the mirror. "DID YOUR QUIRKLESSNESS  MAKE YOU DEAF?!? GET THE HELL OUT NOW!" He yelled.

    Raian scrambled out he car in fear. He never heard his father yell or curse at all. Once out the car, Raian looked pleasingly at his mother, but all he saw was a scowl where her warm, loving smile used to reside.

    Raian scared, sad, and wet started to walk around but got distracted by a grumble in his tummy. He wasn't able to eat his pancakes earlier today. He knew they were expired from the taste and the sure fact that they were able to afford it. The scrapes he got from running put the car began to burn.

    With no money, Raian searched through the dumpster. He knew that this was the only way he was gonna get food at his young age. He found a bagel with cream cheese on it. He had never had one before and was skeptical about eating it. On top of that, it looked horrible and smelt worse. With another rumble in his tummy, he decided to close his eyes and eat it.

    After probably contracting some sort of disease, Raian started looking for shelter. The search took hours, and by the time he found a suitable place, he was soaking wet. The place was obviously abandoned and was really dirty and dusty. Raian cleared up a spot to lay down on, and the day started to rewind in his head. Slowly, Raian cried himself asleep, and in one day, Raian went from being happy with his family to being sad and alone, sleeping in an abandoned building.