New Encounter

It's been a while since Raian was abandoned by his "family", although he doesn't actually know the exact amount of time. Last he remembered it was November 11th, his birthday, and he stopped counting at January 23rd 1 year later. That would put him around 7 or 8. Due to him not having a sufficient source of food, his growth was disrupted. Right now he clocked in at 3 foot 5 inches. 

      So far, Raian's schedule consisted of waking up, going to a random restaurants' dumpster, "eating breakfast", washing up in a local lake, taking a nap, "eating dinner", and finally sleeping. This was what he has been doing everyday since he was kicked out. 

      On his way to wash up after dinner, Raian looked through an alley and saw a large gang of dogs cornering another kid around his age. ~Is that another kid? If he continues to just stand there he'll get torn apart by those scary dogs. I have to help.~  

      As Raian started walking towards the kid he stopped short. ~B-but I'm quirkless! I won't be able to do anything! I'm useless! Not even my parents thought so.~  Raian started to slowly step away. He couldn't do anything to help. As Raian looked up one last time, his eyes met with the other kid. Raian saw the desperation in the kids eyes and before Raian could even comprehend what was going on, he was sprinting full force towards the danger. 

      Raian jumped over the hungry dogs and towards the kid. Once he landed, Raian grabbed the kid and threw him with all his strength towards the exit. For the past 2 or so years later, Raian had to constantly move heavy pieces of trash for survival, improving his strength slowly but surely. 

      At the top of his lungs Raian yelled, "GET OUT OF HERE AND CALL FOR HELP!". As the kid blinked out his surprise, he ran away, hopefully getting some help. Looking at his last hope running away he got a good catch of the kid. He had purple hair and what looked like eye bags, but that could just be the shadows. ~What does it matter. I'll be torn apart before anyone gets here. Why did I have to be quirkless. Why. Why. WHY!~ 

      Slowly backing up, Raian tripped over his own shoe laces. "Shoot" he said looking down. ~If only I knew how to tie my own laces. If only my parents taught me how to tie them. If only I had a quirk. If only. . .~ "I don't want to be alone anymore." Raian whimpered, closing his eyes and preparing for the imminent pain and suffering. 

      1 second. 5 seconds. 10 seconds. Nothing happened. Raian slowly opened his eyes to be met with a four-foot-tall shadowy wolf with swirling mist-like features. Its fur is deep black, accented by subtle glowing purple highlights. Its eyes are piercing violet orbs, exuding an aura of mystery and power. While Raian was analyzing the creature before him, the thing pounced. Not on Raian but on the dogs. 

      As the dogs circled around, the wolf moved with grace and agility, its purple accents shimmering in the faint light. With a low, menacing growl, it leaped into action, fending off the dogs with swift movements and calculated strikes. Its eyes glowed with an otherworldly intensity, showing a mix of ferocity and intelligence.

      Despite the outnumbering, the shadowy wolf held its own, using a combination of speed, strength, and a touch of supernatural power to keep the dogs at bay. Each move was precise and calculated, showcasing the wolf's prowess in combat.

      Slowly the wolf was able to slice vital points in the dogs. Slowly, the wolf was able to fend off and incapacitate all of the wolfs, leaving the mysterious wolf standing victorious in the eerie alley way, its purple eyes gleaming in the darkness. 

      With the dogs dealt with the wolf turned around wearily. Suddenly the whole situation got way more drastic. ~If that wolf was able to kill all those dogs, what would it do to me?!~ Raian thought to himself. 

       Slowly, the wolf walked closer to Raian. Panicking, Raian started hyperventilating and looked around franticly. When he saw nothing of use, he closed his eyes once more. Again time passed until he felt a tickle on his left cheek. Opening his eyes again he noticed that the wolf was licking his cheek. Raian, filled with wonder and joy he smiled at the wolf,  feeling a sense of connection with the wild animal. Since being abandoned, this was the first time he felt true joy, but then Raian began to wonder. ~Is this. . . My quirk?~

      Before Raian can really begin to contemplate his quirk situation, he started to hear sirens.  As the sirens grew louder a police car stopped near the start of the alley. An officer came out the driver seat and a mom and a child came from the back. It was the kid he saved and what he figured was his mom. Looking at there faces he saw pure terror. He was confused and looked around. The walls were covered in blood and the bodies of the dogs were scattered all over the place. 

      ~The fight was a lot more graphic than I remembered.~ Raian thought.

      When he looked back up he noticed that the wolf was gone and the others were slowly closing in on him. At least that was until the kid ran up to him worry evident in his eyes. 

     "A-are you ok? I went to the police for help. They called my mom and then we came here... What happened?" The kid said.

    "I think I'm ok. None of this is my blood thankfully. My quirk dealt with the dogs. Although, I am a bit tired." Raian said before finally succumbing to sleep.