Chapter One

REMO'S POV

It's been a long nine months. I miss my cousin, a lot, I miss my asshole best friend more than I thought I would and I really miss being able to do whatever the hell I want. I cannot wait for my family to return to normal. Normal for us anyway.

Thankfully I do get to see Ria, whenever her depressed father isn't being a tyrant and lets me that is. He has been on a rampage lately and taking the fact that he drove her away out on me and everyone else in La Famiglia. It's been hell.

Ri on the other hand has been doing okay. She's been getting stronger, coming into her own and using that independent spirit she has. She did kind of retreat back into her shell socially. She doesn't tell anyone anything and it enrages me.

The most infuriating thing is the fact that she is not taking care of herself like she should. Mostly because she insists on paying for everything with her money and every cent she makes goes to her child. I hope DeLuca coming home will fix that though. Her family should have been able to pull her back but Sergio destroyed any chance of that happening.

I'll never forget that first day when Cole was arrested. I wanted to strangle Sergio myself. He knew DeLuca was proposing. He knew the arrest was going to shock her. Everyone, including myself, told him she was not going to take it well. But as usual Sergio didn't give a shit. He let her leave, he pushed her away. I just helped her go.

It was rough the first couple weeks between Unc and me. The worst day being that very first Monday when he realized she defected.

I'm sitting in the top teir meeting we have before roll call. We discuss the arrest and steps for Cole. We make sure he's set up with his phone and more than enough money to bribe anyone, and fund his commissary for the next decade. The DA is only saying 12 months though.

We have roll call shortly after. That's where all of La Famiglia does check in, get new assignments, go over the pick ups we need to handle that day and handle any other buisness related items that may need to be addressed.

Everyone is suppose to attend roll call. Ria was noticeably absent.

Sergio dismissed all the men except his and DeLuca's top teirs. This should be fun.

"Where is my daughter?" He questions the room.

Everyone remains silent, showing no emotion.

"I can check her tracking." Dante offered, breaking the eerie silence.

I couldn't fill him in because he would tell DeLuca. Enrica is going to find out everything eventually so Dante will too. But for right now I need to let the heat die down.

"Don't bother." My dad actually answers him. "Her car is at the compound and her her tracker is pinging to her bedroom. There are no large withdrawals made from her account." My father addresses Dante but looks at me.

I feel a shadow cover me as Sergio stands right in front of me. "Alessandro, where is my daughter?"

I keep my mouth shut and my face stoic. Ria told me what I was and was not allowed to disclose. Her whereabouts are on the is on the do not disclose list.

"Nicolo assigned you with the task of taking care of her in his absence. Are you saying you lostyour charge on the first day?" I can practically see the steam coming out of my uncle's ears.

"No." I answer coldly. I'm going to end up screaming at him so I need to remain calm. "She is safe."

"Safe where?" He says through his teeth and clenches his fist.

"I won't say." I emphasize won't so he knows I'm being defiant.

My uncle pulls his arm back and punches me hard across my face. I stumble but don't fall. That has to count for something.