Chapter Thirty Seven

RIA'S POV

My friends pull me from the dance floor back to the leather couches to sit down. Despite my earlier anxieties, I am actually having a great time.

"How do you have this much stamina?" Chloe asks getting out of breath.

"Mom strength." Enrica replies as she pulls her hair off her neck and fans herself.

"This is nothing compared to working out with Jionni and Rocco. I'm doing that like twelve to fourteen hours a day." I laugh. "So one night of dancing is a cake walk."

"I'm surprised DeLuca lets you work with them so much. I can't believe his possessive ass hasn't handcuffed himself to you by now." Avery laughs and takes another shot.

"Yeeeaaaahhh." I giggle nervously. "He is not happy about me being away from him."

"He should handcuff himself to you after the stunt he pulled." Chloe frowns. "Who cares if he is happy about it? He should be grateful you allow him to be in your presence at all. I'd stay at the gym longer as a punishment."

"Isn't that what tonight is?" I giggle. "A punishment for not believing in me." I raise my glass of water like I'm cheering.

"Ohhhh so I WAS wrong." Enrica perks up. "It's not mom strength that's fueling your stamina, it's spite."

"Here, here." A drunk Avery exclaims and we all actually clink glasses while laughing.

"Ladies! How are we? Enjoying our night?" The four of us simultaneously look up at the male voice and see Junior standing there at the end of the table. He's all smiles with  a goofy, smug look on his face.

"You've got to be kidding me?" Enrich sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Cazzo, are the rest of them coming down?" I ask looking up a the mirrors.

"No principessa, only Mr. Bottero and I know you're here at the moment. I was sent down for security. Actually...if you don't mind..." Junior starts making his way past my friends on the couch. He settles down right in-between Enrica and me and puts an arm behind each of us.

"Mr. Bottero sent YOU down for security?" Enrica asks then looks around Junior at me "Are you sure whatever threat was made was real?"

"Hey. I take my job very seriously." Junior says sternly. "Part of that job is protection with a little disruption as possible so with that being said...."

"GIRLS NIGHT !!!." He shouts in an excited fake feminine voice and does a little wiggle dance.

"Sooooo when did everyone get their first period?" He asks with this big dopey grin as he looks around the table.

"Ewww schifoso." Enrica says and swats Junior on his chest.

I just roll my eyes. I'm used to his sense of humor.

"Too much disruption?" Junior asks laughing. "That's good, now I know where the line is. C'mon, Vero, you know I can fit in." He gives her an awkward side hug.

"Cantano" She says coldly and shrugs off his embrace.

"That's right you're the vice lady of the mafia now. Enrica Cantano looks much sexier and grown than Enrica Vero." He pretends to check her out and wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

Enrica scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Dante has no fuse when it comes to his jealousy. Keep that I'm mind."

Junior laughs, not taking her warning to heart. "None of us do. It's in our genes to be possessive. You do know that someone's head is going to end up on a spike because of the way you ladies look tonight?" He points his finger at all of us.