Chapter Forty

RIA'S POV

"What's up with you sorellina? One weekend off and you've forgotten how to fight?" Remo says throwing his hands in the air.

I lean up against the wall completely out of breath. My heart rate is sky high right now and it has been for a while. I cannot get it to calm down. My limbs feel heavy and I'm being extra lazy.

"I don't know." I say panting. "I'm not feeling very good today." I hope he doesn't ask to check my heart rate. He'll make me go to the hospital.

"Per l'amor di Dio. You're not pregnant are you?" Junior shouts over to us.

"No. I'm not pregnant. You saw me drink this weekend idiota" I snap at him.

"Yeah and I also see all those hickeys on your neck and chest." Jinior grumbles. He's just mad because its bad for my image. They'll be gone by the next fight so he just needs to relax.

"Are you sure your not pregnant?" Remo asks raising his eyebrows. "I'll go buy you a test right now. Wouldn't be the first time I bought one."

"Ew." I scoff at him.

"Don't ew me." He scrunches his face looking offended. "I was in the room with you while you were in active labor, remember?"

That's true. "I was pregnant by my fiancé. You thought you knocked up a couple random mollies."

"They weren't all random mollies." He rolls his eyes. "And you were pregnant before you got engaged."

"Stai zitto. I'm actually not grossed out. After hearing about Cole's love life, you're looking pretty saintly." I'm still having a hard time breathing. It feels like a lasso is tied around my chest but I need to keep away from the topic of my health.

"Yeah. He was reckless. Why the fuck do you think I didn't want you to date him?" Remo gives me a fake angry look.

"Who would you have allowed me to date?" I lift an eyebrow at him.

"Me" Junior looks over smiling.

"That never would have happened. Fuck off Gallo." Remo flips him off then turns back to me. "Yeah no one. Dante is the good one and even he was offensively slutty until he met Enrica."

"Look at you all now. The reformed hoebags of the mafia." I giggle to him.

"I know! I'm about to propose, Frankie just bought a house with his girlfriend, DC has a wife and a baby, DeLuca is practically married, with a baby, and another on the way... who would have thought?" Remo says smirking.

"I'm not pregnant!" I roll my eyes still trying to catch my breath. "I think I just had carbs for the first time in two and a half weeks and didn't stick to my routine. I'm just a little off today. I'll be fine."

"What do you mean you haven't had carbs? I didn't know you were cutting that much shit out of your diet." My cousin glares at me.

"I made weight didn't I?" I try and say flippantly. I feel so sick it's getting hard not to show it. "I just had a baby I have to work a little harder to do that. I'm tracking every thing on my phone. Ho tutto sotto controllo."

"Oh! Do you now?" He says sarcastically. "Let me see your diet plan."

"No!" I say say defensively. If he see the app on my phone he is going to lose his shit.

"Ria, let me fucking see it." Remo let's out in a deep angry snarl.

"I'll start looking at nutritionist." Junior says. My head whips around to Junior and I give him a surprised look. I'm happy he distracted Remo but he should be happy that I'm making weight so that his girlfriend can be saved.