CHAPTER 5...

It is time to make my proposal. I just wonder if Mae will accept it. I walked through the school immediately after classes but she's nowhere to be found. Finally there she is, I have to go confront her. She was about to walk passed me when I grabbed her hand. I don't think it was the right approach but I had to take chances_____
" Hi Mae" I greeted her holding her hand.
" Oh hey Jake. How are you doing?"she asked shabbishly .
"Nice. Ummm! Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.
" Ummm! I'm hurrying somewhere right now"she gave an excuse. I still held her.
"It's really urgent. I want to talk to you right now"I give the efficacy
"Well what is it?"she requested to know.
"Well,Mae. What I want to ask you may seem quite awkward but please listen"I felt really shy while saying this.
"Hurry up.What is it?"she asked
"Can you be my girlfriend? Please?"I didn't know how it's just busted out of my mouth. She looked so happy.
"Are you serious? Well I don't really know but I will surely think about it. Don't worry. I'll give you your reply"she assured me.
"Are you sure you'll give me a reply tomorrow?"I confirmed to make sure that it was what she actually meant.
"Yes. Okay bye Jake"she waved exiting the scenario.
" Bye Mae" I replied.
"I just hope that this works out"I soliloquized as I also walked back home..

7:30 p.m...

****. ****. ****. ****.

I was in my room when my little sister walked in and asked me____
" Hey Jake,can I please make an important call with your phone?"I actually refused initially.
"No! No way Ella"I refused
"Pretty please!!"she then kept a very cute face.
"Okay fine but don't read my messages okay?"I instructed giving her the phone.
"Okay. Thanks Jake" as she run off to her room. Immediately she left, Kel walked into my room.
"Hey little bro" he greeted
" Hi Kel"I replied.
"Who's Mae to you?"I looked at him surprised.
"Ummm! Why are you asking?" I asked.
"I saw you talking to her about a girl..." I immediately covered his mouth.
" Shuu! Yes. I proposed to her" I confessed.
" What! You've made a terrible mistake. Are you aware that she's Riele's bestie? It may cause serious problems bro" he tried advising me.
" Trust me big bro, everything's under control. Nothing will happen " I then turned his face.
" Trust me and give me your support. Please!!!" I persuaded him. He took in a deep breath.
" Okay then. I hope you're doing the right thing " he said as we hugged each other...

THE NEXT DAY...

10:30a.m...

I waited for minutes for Mae's reply. But I didn't see her anywhere. I was almost loosing hope about her accepting it. I then saw her coming and she looked quite happy though. She came towards my direction.
" Hi Jake" she greeted with a smiley face.
" Hey Mae. So I asked you something yesterday. What's your answer?" I was wishing in my heart for it to be positive.
" Oh yeah! About that, I'm sorry but I_____" I had started loosing hope already.
" I... Can... BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND" she just broke the news to me.
" Really? Thanks for accepting Mae. I'm so happy " before I could finish my statement. I heard a voice from my back____
" What! Really!" We both turned around and LOL it was Riele. I was almost shivering____
" You and Jake are now boyfriend and girlfriend?" I felt she would be angry.
" I'm so happy for you bestie. Jake, thanks for making her your girlfriend" I was so shocked. She was overwhelmed with joy. Infact, she didn't seem angry.
" Aren't you angry?" I tried confirming.
" Of course not. Why would I? You are my close friend and Mae is my bestie. What a great combination. So why on earth should I be angry?" She said. Pheww! I was so relieved. She then held my ear and stretched it out.
" Make sure you treat my bestie fine. Alright?" She made me promise.
" Okay fine" I was in pain.
" If she complains about you then just know that I'm going to hit you. Do you get that?" She said though playfully but on a serious note.
" Okay" I said again.
" And also, don't you dare cheat on her. Is that fine?" The pain was becoming unbearable.
" Okay fine. Can you please let my ear go now?" I pleaded because my ear was seriously aching me.
" Sure" she then placed her hands off my ear.
" Finally. Ouch! That hurts" I exclaimed.
" I said that so it could sink into your dumb skull. But I'm not sorry at all." She said though playfully.
" Thanks Riele for not getting angry" I soliloquized.
" Now let's go celebrate this with a good cup of coffee " as she hung on our shoulders and we all went to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee. You know what, I'm proud to have Riele as my close friend. She's not like the others who get jealous very easily. I'm so glad I met her so quickly...