Chapter 12.3 : Can I Trust My Memories? | Alyia

"Alyia." Ahirman trails after me, "I am not done talking to you."

I pick up my dress and begin to jog down the hall to Doctor Lucia office, as tears fell from my eyes. Once reaching Doctor Lucias office I run inside but before I could close it Ahirman stops the door from shutting. With the quick movement I felt myself losing my balance, and I couldn't press up against the door to keep it shut, so I let him come in-

"I said I wasn't done talking to you." He shut the door loudly. "Do you understand the gravity of your actions?"

I turn away from him so he couldn't see the tears that continued to fall.

"Don't turn your back on me as I speak." Ahriman forced me to turn around, ""You think I am going to pity you after you hit me? Then run away from me- in front of all of those Imphorians?"

I stared back at him fiercely as the tears wouldn't stop coming.

"Do you understand that my image will be tainted, if others knew of this 'loving' relationship, you have with that superhuman?"

"All you care about is yourself!" I said.

"No, I am trying to prove a point. Did Chris give you a chance to live the life you wanted? No? Did he even want to come see you live this new life? No? Because I don't see him anywhere."

"Stop it Ahirman!" I tried to maneuver form his hold, " Your trying to confuse me and frame him to be the bad guy!"

" Truthfully he never had your back, or wanted what you wanted. While I am sitting here giving you the chance of a lifetime. I have given you clothes, food, protection, shelter and what you desired most, a new life, on Planet X." He said and held me tighter, "And to make matters worse, I'm doing this not because I love you, but because of a political deal, do you understand? You mock me and everything that I've done for you!"

"I don't mean to mock you." my voice going soft with emotion.

" It would be too shameful for me to ever show my face to the public again, if this information was ever shared. And if you continue this act, like to run from me in public, assumptions will be made!" He said, " it is mockery at its best."

"At least he loved me!" I cried to him, trying to convince myself of what I was trying to believe, "He loved me, and you cannot tell me otherwise!"

"You were miserable Alyia and that is why you left!" He grumbled, "Chris knew he was not good enough and would never be good enough for you. And he didn't want to join you on your one way trip. Believe me, that is not love and you know it."

"No, you're wrong!" I cried, "You don't know a damn thing about him and what he wants' for me!"

Ahirman sighed a sigh of annoyance while he glared my way and his hands stopped squeezing my arms, then simply let go. In the moment I wanted to keep arguing with him. I wanted him to continue to try and convince me with his assertive and fierce energy. I wanted him to continue this banter while holding me as if I was going to run away, squeezing me tight, just like before.

I wiped my tears and folded my arms, waiting for him to speak. As I waited it's like the warmth that I felt from him turned off and the energy between the two of us dropped.

"Maybe you are a fool." Ahirman said coldly, "But I'd rather die than to let this foolish crush of yours affect me and the proud name I have built for myself."

"My love," I stumbled upon words while trying to think of how I felt about Chris, "My love for him-"

"Don't say another word about this 'love' nonsense you're spewing from that tiny, little trap of yours." Ahirman growled with his words; "You don't want me, fine. But keep it to yourself and I'll keep to myself. Taking my needs out discreetly, somewhere else, with someone else."