1.7 | periwinkle

'may flowers grow in the saddest part of you'

Chavi watered the succulents as the water washed away the dry dust and mixed with the moist soil in the pot, a soft petrichor smell wafted through the balcony because of the damp soil as sunlight fell on the rainbow suncatcher hanging by the door

She set the empty cup on the small table pushed against the wall to make some place to move around freely as she sat on the bean bag and rested her elbows on her folded knees. She traced the edges of her nails as she thought back to her interaction with Garvit, she shouldn't have snapped at him.

She didn't want to open her pandora's box yet now she realised that her snapping and losing her control she must have given way to her biggest insecurities.

she didn't want to

The wind blew outside and lazily played with her open hair as she sat there and watched the succulents resting in her balcony, she reached for her wrist to find it empty, she looked at it and rubbed at the skin which was mostly covered in beaded jewelleries or the pink rubberband.

Rubberband, she suddenly got up and found it resting in the mushroom trinket with her other jwelleries, it reminded her of Garvit.

She remembered giving it back to him who just stood there and asked her to keep it, an amused expression reeled in his eyes and Chavi tried her best to not stare back at his strong gaze.

When she had asked why, he had shrugged his shoulders saying, "My cousin gave it to me and I can always ask for another one. Anyways, i wouldn't need it", and raked his slender fingers through the grown crew cut, it needed trimming again.

Her phone rang and the ringtone rung through the empty room, she went and picked it up and closed the door to her room as she walked towards the main room with the phone to her ear

"Grandma, How are you? We haven't spoken for too long", she spoke in her native tongue and she was greeted with the throaty and aged voice of her grandmother

"I thought you wouldn't miss me", the elder lady said in a humourous tone but Chavi understood the underlying meaning, 'Why would she miss her even when grandpa is with them', she decided to ignore it.

She had taken a seat on the couch of the main room when a movement in her left caught her attention, her grandfather was leaving the room and Chavi wondered when did he even enter the room.

He must have heard them talking, she looked away from his walking figure when she heard her grandma asking her something, "How would I even reach 100K when my manager isn't here......"

.

Miraculously Chavi was on time for school as she confirmed it on the worn vintage watch she had received from her mother, but she liked it as the brown matched well with the gold and white jwellery she wore at home. She walked slowly and tried to sneak a look around the corner in hopes of catching a glimpse for a certain figure .

Her eyes widened when she saw Ishar who had been running late, he raked his fingers through his considerably long hair that curled around his ears and reached his nape.

She noticed the hair tie on his wrist, it felt familiar but she stopped before commenting, her thoughts went back to the encounter.

"Ooh what is that?", she took his hand and pointed at the faded blue hair tie on his veiny wrist.

"It's my cousin's, she passed by this afternoon and gifted this", a faint smile graced his lips when he suddenly remembered something, "You should see my br-".

brother

He had stopped midway and Chavi realised it just now, her brows twitched in wonder and she looked away from the path in front to finally look at Ishar. Now when she realised this she could trace their similarities of facial structure but it almost ended there but still there was a factor that bound them together.

They didn't share their personal life and Chavi almost wanted to laugh at the irony and the coincidence of the situation.

Garvit was taller and leaner whereas Ishar had more buffed up muscles and long hair, of course, she noticed the shirt stretched over his brawny form and comprehended how it contrasted with Garvit. She gave his outfit a once over when her eyes fell on the colorblock chic shoes. She remembered them on Garvit on his final match day, many people were salivating since they were some really cool shoes, which had miraculously upgraded from his ratty shoes he normally wears to his college on normal days because of the public transport he takes everyday.

A thought occurred in her mind and an amused smile washed over her face when she looked at the shoes again and commented, "Ooh, cool shoes".

Ishar looked at her quizzically and then followed her line of sight. His eyes widened visibly when he saw the shiny sports shoes which did not go well with his semi-casual outfit, he looked like those sports players in his college, the same ones he despised.

Chavi noticed him tense up as he took a deep breath, he hadn't realised while hurrying to leave for his college that he had mistakenly worn Garvit's shoes instead of his new ones he had bought to replace the worn out shoes, he was so fed up of them getting dirtied in the public transport but that was the solution for now as he saved up for his dream vehicle, from the pocket money and paid internships he had done.

When he realised Chavi's eyes were still on him, he tried to act nonchalant and went back to his outgoing mode and gave a light chuckle and replied with a polite 'thanks', hoping that she will not prod him on the topics anymore.

His ears perked up when he heard a honking of the bus in the distance and sighed a breath of relief , he turned towards Chavi lightly and parted with,"See you later, Red head".

"Hey!"

Before Chavi could teach him some manners, he increased his pace to light jog and ran towards the bus stop where the bus had been approaching.

He had his hands raised waving as a goodbye but Chavi's eyes stared at the motion of how he ran and sighed to herself, "They even run the same way".

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

time for some deep conversations